TBD

TBD on Ning

What comes after the initial YES WE CAN slogan? Looking for the unspoken follow up to this phrase, both positive and negative. Call it the fill in the blank game. Here are some examples:

YES WE CAN...say one thing and do another.
YES WE CAN...vote to raise everyone's taxes and not pay our own.
YES WE CAN...fan the flames of racism rather than judge people by the content of their character.
YES WE CAN...screw things up just as much as the Republicans, but in a different way.
YES WE CAN...what?

Tags: Obama, politics

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not at all. I trust myself just fine. I also trust lots of people in my personal life who have proven themselves to be trustworthy.

I'm not sure why anyone would trust politicians. My whole life, I've seen politician after politician be exposed for lying, cheating, avoiding taxes, etc. It's in the news every single day. Not just one party or the other - they all do it. And they never come forward of their own free will, they only come forward and "admit" their sins when they are caught.

Maybe I'm too judgmental. Maybe I should just look the other way. Maybe I'm making a bigger deal out of honesty and integrity than those concepts deserve. But, even if I am, I sleep easy at night because I always try to do the right thing. (Maybe my perception of "the right thing" is wrong - but, I try. Just like I know that people who support this health care thing believe that it is "the right thing". I really do understand that people's intentions are good.)
Or maybe you should do a little math and figure the actual percentage of politicians who have done the things you speak of. I think you would find it to be rather small compared to the ones you never hear such things about.
It is good to know that you do believe those of us who support health insurance reform are trying to do the right thing.
I've never said anything to indicate that the citizens who support this "health care reform" didn't have good intentions.

Please remember, I'm the evil, unintelligent bad guy here because I have a different opinion than the majority of folks who are responding to this thread.

I suggest that I be burned in effigy.
YES WE CAN all live in peace and harmony !! but no there wont me any drama anymore ;-)
YES WE CAN...paint each other as ignorant or bad for holding dissimilar opinions.
YES WE CAN...paint each other as ignorant because we don't agree with the majority opinion. Freedom of speech is DEAD in this country.
Well I did'nt know about all of these Forum sites but I'll sure be posting on them from now on.
sorry Bill I have tried to spread the word. This is kind like the old home page discussions.
Really...please re-read my posts and tell me WHERE I am trying to elicit sympathy? Nowhere. That would be you, going on and on and on about your sad situation. Go ahead. Re-read them and get back to me.
Self wallering in what, TobyRow? I believe I CAN make my own way in the world and not rely on the GUB'MENT to take care of me. I keep trying to find ways to make money to take care of my own needs. I'm not the one going around screaming "poor me - help - fix it for me" - that would be YOU, TobyRow. You're the one that keeps telling us your sob story about how you NEED HELP because you can't do it on your own and the BIG, BAD INSURANCE COMPANIES don't care. Seems to me you are doing the self wallerin. Why don't you get off your lazy ass and pay for your own crap instead of expecting everyone else support you?
Wylde,
do you think people like TobyRow, jacquin and I want the gov't to give us handouts? Money is not the issue!! We CANNOT GET COVERAGE. We need HELP BECAUSE WE ARE DENIED COVERAGE.
What about our rights.
The Big Bad Insurance companies, I don't care if they care, I DIDN'T ASK THEM TO ROB ME!!!!!!!! Take my premiums for months, after being treated for a condition for over a year, they called it pre-existing. The woman at the endocronologists office told me this company was know to do it.
Now MY LAZY ASS HAS WORKED FOR MANY YEARS. My LAZY ASS HAS RAISED 3 NON LAZY DAUGHTERS. MY LAZY AS OWNED A NUMBER OF BUSINESS' WITH MY HUSBAND WHO EMPLOYED AT TIMES UP TO 20 PEOPLE.
MY LAZY ASS is most likely in the condition it's in because of how hard I worked.
I don't want you to support me. YOU KNOW YOU WANT EQUALITY, WELL HELL, I ALWAYS BACKED YOU. ALWAYS WILL.
But you, you turn around and call us lazy asses, you can kiss my fat lazy ass!
I have calmly expressed my opinion over and over, Marge and been attacked by everyone for doing so. I have always expressed my opinion as just that, "my opinion" and said that "I don't believe" the politicians, etc. In return, I have been told that I am unintelligent, I don't have all the facts, I'm "self wallerin'" - and, of course, I'm a whiner and hater, too.

Believe me, Marge, I already got the point from your "whiners and haters" thread that I could kiss your ass. That would be because I'm a "whiner and hater" for disagreeing with your opinion. As I've also said over and over, Republicans and Democrats are all the same - they love you if you agree with them and accuse you of being a horrible person if you don't. Same old crap.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2021   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service