TBD

TBD on Ning

It's Friday.

Chucks is gone and so is his Q&A Group. As JayLee feared so are the Vibes. Since there is no Question and answer group there appears to be no check in.

So Let's do it over here. It's the start of the weekend! Time to have fun.

There is all kinds of bad news.

1. Looks like tbd is splintering.

2. After two days the TBD Stalwarts has only 7 members.

3. The Stock Market tanked yesterday.

4. The end of the world is near.

5. The Zombies are still here

Everybody check in and give me some good news.

Views: 2169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Stir......I am one lucky guy, and I know it.

I am here. I am on boring Facebook too.

I never go there.

I like it here better.

I should be doing something else but i am here for a while.

Can't disagree there.
I keep wondering if Chez is alright?  It just doesn't seem like her to walk away without making some sort of arrangement to pass along the leadership of Q & A.
Me too..
I have her email and I sent her a message about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back.
I hope you get a response, P.A.....it would put us a little more at ease.

I noticed it's Brians b-day.  He made this video a bit ago.  Some of you have probably seen it. It took some time for me to wrap my heart/brain around what transpired w/the demise of TBD v1 and the split and the degree of animosity that occurred.   No one prepared me for how emotionally attached one could become to a "cyberworld"   TBD was my virgin trip.  Time has passed...I have moved onto different expectations.  I guess I could say I have become somewhat jaded.  I kinda miss not being jaded.

FB is almost a "free zone". There are no moderators and the conversations can be amusing and poignant w/o any vitriol.   There are many TBDv1 folks there.   Some of them I have forgotten who they were in the "land gone past", but I still recognize their style.  There are many "crossover" friends there too.

TBD/ning will stay my base for the time being.   Heck, I even see you people in my dreams! 

You are truly the family I wish I never had....(kidding)..you are more interesting on some levels than my real family!

I wasn't one of the TBD pioneers....as best as I can recall....I joined up when it was about six months old.  I was joining every social networking site I could find.  I unrealistically thought that it would be a good way to track down people I had worked with in 1969, in Yellowstone Park.  Facebook, Eons, AARP, TBD, MySpace....I joined 'em all.  After some time, I can say that I have found a few folks on FB, but nobody on the other sites.

For some reason, I had one of those yellow founders' dots for awhile, although I don't know why.  I don't know what the cut off date was for those.  At some point, it was apparently repossessed, and I was reclassified as  a newbie.

That first bunch of TBDers I was exposed to was really something.  They didn't suffer fools gladly.  As quickly as that group assembled, they dissapated....gone like a Chuck Berry "Cool Breeze".  It was a fun time....kinda like a packed night at the neighborhood tavern.  It was a learning time for me...I developed a writing style, and I still pretty much follow that format.  A hearty big thanks to all of you who ripped into me for loose or vague writing.  Some may say TBD devolved, but I really think it actually evolved...found its own level, and here we are! 

The first two that I spared with on tbd 1 was FROMZ and Janus. Janus had picked an approprate name and I quickly became disenchanted with the site. That was in early 2008. I checked back in April/may and found a bunch of people who had an enjoyable sense of humor. Badfrog, Arky, Rose Bear, Prunella Farquar, and a whole bunch of others. We did "Frends of Pru" when she hit 100. Somewhere along about then Stir started his "Cyber Patio" and there were a bunch of other enjoyable groups. If you wanted to joke around there were Threads and Groups to do that with. If you wanted to be involved with serious discussions, there were places to do that. The membership was large enough that there was always something going on. That was the key.

The KC Meet was made up primarily of The Daily Grind Group. I had no knowledge of most of them but when we hit KC we had a Blast. On the way to the Liquor Store I found out why NASCAR GIRL had that name. I still enjoy tbd better than any other site, but many of my friends moved over to MA. So, after holding out for quite a while, I started posting over there also. Now I post on both, because I really like many people on both sites. There are also people on both sites that I don't like. I am fortunate in that I'm older than dirt and can travel around in my RV. When I pass through an area I try to at least meet and have coffee with people who are on these sites. I can truthfully say so that I have not met anyone that I regret meeting. The biggist Bennie was; when I broke down in the Pittsburgh/Youngstown area last summer Larry and Kittycat took me in and let me and my dog live with them for five days. We had a blast. Teebubbadee was in the area and we had great fun drunk posting. I consider my experiences with these two social network sites to be some of the best I have had in the last 10 years. I don't understand why everyone doesn't find them as enjoyable as I. However, having said that, I have lived long enough and been exposed to enough people that I am truly surprised that there aren't a lot more assholes on here. I think it's because they don't find what they need.  I know that there are a lot of people reading this that I have not mentioned and I apoligize. It is just that I there are so many that there isn't time to mention all. I do consider each and every one of you worth knowing, even the ones I don't like,  and I hope to continue to interact with you for a long time.   

Note to self:  If ever on a cross country TBD big boob ogling trip, don't bother stopping in at Kooner's.
Robbie was one of my very first TBD friends.  I was impressed by his genuine friendliness, and I still am.  I gotta meet that guy in person someday.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service