TBD

TBD on Ning

This is the place to vent your frustrations.  Have at it!!

Post your rant here.

Views: 8227

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can't believe my wife and sister painted OVER the wallpaper boarder in our bedroom. GRRRRRRRR!!!!
Than was 3 or 4 years ago and I am still pissed cause when it comes time to repaint, I will be the one stuck with trying to remove the border!!!!!
"Let's see now...Do I want a wallpaper pattern with the fleur de lis pattern and the pictures of the Marquis de Sade's rumpus room, or the wallpaper with the subtle geometric progressions behind the watercolors of roadkill? Decisions, decisions. It's a lot of thought going into the INSIDE OF A DOGHOUSE."
"I know it's there and I know it's not right."

Yeah, I know what you mean.
*sigh*
It will eat you up. Have another glass of wine. Put something in front of it. Got a coat rack?
I think wall paper hanging from the corners add a touch of ambiance.
I walked into a child's bedroom that had white wallpaper with the yellow happy faces all over. I always wondered how that kid turned out.

I'm with TeeBub. Do not ever paint over wallpaper. Not even a border. I pity Tee when the time comes to take that down.
Big sigh!! Sorry, not much of a rant, but it's all I can generate just now.
Well, sure then...If you want to go by the word of convicts. I'm sure Bernie Madoff could help you with some of your home financing questions, too.

This "Tool thingy" wouldn't happen to have Ms. Stewart's name on it anywhere, would it ? Yeesh. How old is the house? Is it possibly genuine old-fashioned paper'n'paste wallpaper? If it is, then you've got a steamer rental in your future, and I don't mean Stanley. If it's modern age (70's and upwards), just giving it a good soak of solvent and hot water should make it peel right off. But yer going to have to do some scrubbing, to get every last shred of it off, there'll be drying time involved, and don't forget to ask the person at the wallpaper store about stuff like wall sizing and other prep work, all depending on what kind of wallpaper you're planning on putting up.
I sure hope the "thingy" isn't one of those items that punches holes in the paper. That's what everyone wants--more holes to patch after the paper is off. Cross your fingers that whoever put the paper up in the first place "sized" it properly. Papering after wallpapering is the easy way to go. Painting the wall afterwards? The condensed version. Patching, oil-based kilz, two coats of paint.
I hate it when my finger pokes through the toilet paper, but it did serve as a reminder to clip my nails.

Good morning.
Let's be grateful Larry didn't post pictures.
I hope you plan on throwing those clippers away!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. for the r.i.p.ped umbrella.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service