TBD

TBD on Ning

Kittycat received a clean bill of health from her doctor this afternoon. We're off to FL Friday via Bridgeville, PA and Raleigh NC and Charleston SC. After FL we're off to Dallas via Mobile , AL and Houston TX. Then we'll return home via Texarkana, TX and Dickson, TN. If you live along the way let us know, we'd love to meet you

I'll use this thread to post pics of our roadtrip.

Tags: meeting-friends

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all from Breaux Bridge, LA. We're back in our cabin nice and cozy. Had some great cajun catfish with Kathy Arlene and her friend Marc. Marc is a very lucky guy, the visit was way too short. Kathy recommended a cabin on the bayou, it's fantastic, can't wait until morning to sit on the back porch with my coffee and then take a walk on the bayou. Off to bed, pics to follow tomorrow. Night all.

PS: If anybody has a problem with armadillos in their garden, Kathy has a sure fire way to get rid of them, if you're nice to her, she might share that info with ya.
Lar, I know you wont see this until tomorrow, but it will probably wake you up and you'll be ready to drive.
Drive??? DRIVE???????? I need a rest! A good, long rest!!!
BTW, I'm glad you guys got to meet KA and Marc. Are they great people, or what? Breaux Bridge is one of those "Hidden Gems" that you find where you least expect it.
Catching up on the "Misadventures of Mr. Velcro and Miss Kittycat"....

How great is KathyArlene?? And how great they got to experience a different side of the South!!! I've never been to Kathy's area but I'm very familiar with the culture and food. There's nothing like it anywhere.

Can't wait to see the pics and hear more stories1
Find a female armadillo.
Uh oh....romantic?? I don't think we want to see these pictures.
From Larry's blog: Kittycat and I met in the middle of the sunken mattress

I think this must the epitome of romantic.

Just imagine. Perhaps flat, firm beds are the cause of our high divorce rate.
I'm sure of it, Chez moi. I loved it!!! :)

Mark, KathyArlene and us. We've been in the south since arriving in Raleigh on the 19th. Charming southern accents everywhere, KathyArlene included. I embarrassed myself when I asked Mark what his accent was, he looked perplexed. He asked me if I knew where I was, lol, I said sure (knowing it was southern Louisiana). I had forgotten all about the unique "Cajun accent", it's really cool sounding to me, to me it seems like a mix of French accent combined with southern.

Yesterday Carol and I were going to stop in New Orleans for a short time on the way. When Kathy told me about cabins along the bayou, I wanted to come straight here to Breaux Bridge, New Orleans didn't excite me any more. KathyArlene is so gracious and sweet, everyone can see how pretty she is. This is a place to vacation, not just stop on a quick pass through. I wrote a blog on my experience at the cabin.

The next time we visit Kathy, this will be our destination, not just a quick stopover. Thanks to Robbie, MellyMel and Powergirl for suggesting we visit you.
BEE....U.....TEE......FUL!!!!!
Thanks for posting more, Larry - what a dream trip, visiting so many dear people. I'm glad you had the chance to experience something like the cabins on the bayou; Chain hotels are reliable all right, but the character you find in places like this or B&B's does make you want to linger.

I still have fond memories of staying in a similar cabin on the Russian River in CA many long years ago.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service