TBD

TBD on Ning

· Created by Judy Wright
“A place to give thanks and share your thoughts with others.”
Many of you know I don’t write much unless it’s something I feel might need or deserve levity, correction or if it’s something I feel very deeply about. This is the later.
About a year ago a special Lady felt we should have a place to share our thanks for the upcoming Holidays. After our move and because of the quirks of TBD ning this thread ended up as a group. I have always felt it would be better as a front-page discussion. Remember how hard we worked to get to One Thousand pages before we moved?
Well since the holidays are upon us again, Dottie and I wanted to recognize this lady. We felt what better way than to try and replicate her post and bring it out in the open. She has no idea we are doing this and we hope she doesn’t mind.
Dottie and I just want to thank Judy and bring this thread to the fore.
We hope you will all take some time to give thanks and perhaps thank Judy at the same time. We also hope you don’t mind if you find it bumped back to the front we have no idea who might do that but we do hope it is more than one.

Tags: Thankful

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am thankful that I have a family to celibrate Christmas with.
I am thankful for all the friends I see here.
I'm thankful that I have a roof over my head, food in the house, family nearby, and the awesome TBD folks are as close as the Internet or, in a couple cases, the phone.
I am thankful that I have in life all that which matter: family, friends, a home, a career (also a calling), and the mindset to live a meaningful life.

My musing brings to mind a beautiful Prayer by Max Ehrmann :

Let me do my work each day; and if the darkened hours of despair overcome me, may I not forget the strength that comforted me in the desolation of other times.

May I still remember the bright hours that found me walking over the silent hills of my childhood, or dreaming on the margin of a quiet river, when a light glowed within me, and I promised my early God to have courage amid the tempests of the changing years.

Spare me from bitterness and from the sharp passions of unguarded moments. May I not forget that poverty and riches are of the spirit. Though the world knows me not, may my thoughts and actions be such as shall keep me friendly with myself.

Lift up my eyes from the earth, and let me not forget the uses of the stars. Forbid that I should judge others lest I condemn myself. Let me not follow the clamor of the world, but walk calmly in my path.

Give me a few friends who will love me for what I am; and keep ever burning before my vagrant steps the kindly light of hope.

And though age and infirmity overtake me, and I come not within sight of the castle of my dreams, teach me still to be thankful for life, and for time's olden memories that are good and sweet; and may the evening's twilight find me gentle still.
We need more people like you Maria. People with the mindset to live a meaningful life.

Merry Christmas!
I am Thankful for all the Christmas messages I have received, and instead of trying to respond to all of them individually I felt this would be the way I would like to respond. As it expresses my feeling as well as anything I could write to each of you. Just be aware I am very thankful for each and every one. I hope y'all have a wonderful and fulfilling Christmas or which ever holiday you celebrate.
Peace and health be with all.
I am thankful for my TBD friends, who make my life... Ahhh, what are the words I am sesrching for? Easier? Yes, that works. Friends I can lean on when times are hard? Oh yea! Better, no doubt. A reason to get out of bed and check to see what's happening? Yep, there's another positive. Make my life a little more meaningful? Yes, maybe that's it. No matter what word it is, I am thankful for all of my TBD friends.
Peace to All
TBubD

Back at ya Tbub
Well said TBub. My thoughts also. Merry Christmas Bull, TBub and all.

Bee seems like a sweetheart, I think I'll friendquest her. Merry Christmas Bee.
I love you guys!!!
Pru, I'm just thankful you and your son won't be eating hospital food today.
OK, I am thankful this evening.

Put my ex on a plane to Austin around noon. The weather has turned really nasty since. It is now raining on top of all that snow. And possibly freezing. I now have a nice warm condo to myself. Well, Happy the dog and Autumn the cat are here. I have chips, dip, beer, and two DVDs from Red Box. I have indoor plumbing and a bed with lots of covers. The only downer is having to take Happy out for his late night pee. Hope all of you are doing as well as I.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service