TBD

TBD on Ning

BETTER READ THIS !!!!!!

The Health Care Reform Bill that narrowly passed the House of Representatives is now being considered by the Senate. The following are quoted excerpts from the House version that was sent to the Senate. Read them and it will be crystal clear why President Obama is insisting that the
Senate pass the bill before they leave on a Congressional vacation.

Although he admitted at a White House press conference yesterday on July 22, that he had not "read the bill", it is obvious his advisors are afraid that if the Senators go home before voting on it and the people find out what is really in it, that it will not pass.

These are direct excerpts from the House version ....

Page 22: The federal government will be empowered to audit the books of any corporation that self-insures.

Page 29, Lines 4-16: All health care will be rationed based on age, the present health of any patient and the availability of health services and supplies.

Page 30, Sections 1-3: A government committee will decide what treatments or benefits will be made available under the health care that will be provided. It will be illegal to provide any medical benefits to anyone that haven't been pre-approved by the committee.

Page 42: A Health Choices Commissioner will be appointed by the President and will choose what health services will be provided to each patient.

Page 50, Section 152: Healthcare will be provided to all Non-U.S. citizens within the borders of the United States, illegal or otherwise.

Page 58: The Health Choices Commissioner's Office will have real time access two every medical patient's financial records and all citizens will be issued and be required to have on their person at all times a National ID Health card.

Page 59: (Continuation of Page 58) The Government will have direct access to all bank accounts and electronic transfer accounts of patients.

Page 65, Section 164: Subsidization for retirees of Unions and ACORN

Page 72, Lines 8-14: Brings all health care HMO and private insurance plans under government control.

Page 84: Section 203: All benefit packages for private health care plans will be under the control of the government.

Page 85, Line 7: The Health Choices Commissioner will specify what benefits will be allowable under private health care plans.

Page 95: Community Action Groups (ACORN and Americorps) will be authorized to sign up citizens for the Government Health Care Plan.

Page 102, Lines 12-18: All Medicaid eligible recipients will be automatically enrolled in Medicaid. They will have no choice.

Page 124, Lines 24-25: All government suppliers and contractors are exempt from price fixing lawsuits. "Judicial Review" is prohibited.

Page 126, Lines 22-25: Employers must pay for the health care for any part-time employees AND their families.

Page 127, Lines 1-16: The government will set salaries for all doctors.

Page 145, Lines 15-17: An employee will be required to automatically enroll all employees in the public option plan. The employee will not have any choice in the matter.

Page 149, Lines 16-24: Any employer with a payroll of $400,000 or more who does not provide a public option, will be required to pay the government 8% surtax on the payroll.

Page 150, Lines 9-13: Any employer with a payroll between $251,000 and $400,000 who doesn't provide a public option will be required to pay a 6% surtax on their payroll.

Page 179, Lines 1-3: Any non-resident Alien is EXEMPT from individual health care taxes.

Page 195: All officers and employees of the Health Care administration will have unlimited access to the financial and personal records of ALL American citizens without the necessity of a search warrant.

Page 203, Lines 14-15: (The following is a direct quote!) "The tax imposed under this section shall not be treated as a tax." (Presumably therefore it cannot be deducted on income tax returns)

Page 239, Lines 14-24: The government will reduce physician services for Medicaid, thereby rationing medical support for the poor.

Page 241, Lines 6-8: All doctors will be paid equally, with no regard to specialty of training required.

Page 253, Lines 10-18: The Health Care administration will decide the value of the time of physicians, professional judgment, etc.

Page 265 Section 1131: The Health Care administration will control and mandate productivity for private health care industries, nursing services, hospice, retirement centers, drug production, etc.

Page 268, Section 1141: The Health Care administration will regulate the rental and purchase of power-driven wheelchairs.

Page 272, Section 1145: The Health Care administration will determine what treatment will be provided at Cancer hospitals and will ration treatment based on type and the classification of a patient.

Page 280, Section 1151: The government will penalize hospitals if they exceed their quota of "preventable readmissions."

Page 298, Lines 9-11: If doctors treat a patient during an initial admission that results in a readmission to the hospital, the government will penalize the patient.

Page 317-318, Lines 21-25: The government will be authorized to tell physicians what they can own and how much, and can audit their personal records without a warrant.

Page 317-318, Lines 21-25: Hospitals will not be permitted to expand their physical facilities.

Page 321, Lines 2-13: Hospitals wanting to expand may appeal for an exception to the expansion rule, but community approval is required through community action agencies (ie: ACORN)

Page 341, Lines 3-9: The government has the authority to disqualify Medicare supplemental plans, HMO, private insurance plans, etc., which will force all citizens into the government plan.

Page 354, Section 1177: The government will restrict enrollment of "Special Needs" patients
(ie: Downs Syndrome, Speech Therapy, handicapped, etc.)

Page 379, Section 1191: The government will create a Telehealth Advisory Committee which will provide health advice by phone.

Page 425, Lines 4-12: An "Advance Planning Care Consultant" Department will be created.
Think 'End of Life' for Senior Citizens.

Page 425, Lines 22-25: (Page 426: Lines 1-3): The Government will provide a list of end of life resources that will guide senior citizens to their death.

Page 427, Lines 15-24: The government will mandate orders for end of life actions. In brief, the government will decide how life ends.

Page 429, Lines 1-9: An "Advance Care Planning Consultant" will be used more frequently as a patient's health deteriorates.

Page 429, Lines 10-12: The "Advance Care Planning Consultant" will include the authority for "End of Life" plans, on an order from the government.

Page 429, Lines 13-25: The government will specify which doctors will have the authority to sign an "End of Life" Order.

Page 430, Lines 11-15: The government will decide what level of treatment patients will receive at the end of their lives.

Page 469: Medical services and nursing for home-based patients will be provided by "Community-based organizations." (ACORN, etc.)

Page 472, Lines 14-17: Such community based organizations will be paid by the government once each month based on the number of patients they serve. Such organizations will not be required to employ registered or practical nursing professionals.

Page 489, Section 1308: Marriages and divorces will not be authorized unless the couple subjects themselves to marriage and family therapy.

Page 494-498: All Mental Health Services will be provided by the government including defining, creating, and rationing those services.

*******************************************************************************************************************
..... Remember .... these are just excerpts from the House version jammed through the House by Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)

It might be better entitled "Soylent Green - 2009"

or

"The Death Sentence Bill for Grandparents, the infirm, and the Handicapped".

Incidentally, on the front page of the Tulsa World (July 23 issue) the President was quoted as saying in a press conference ......

"This isn't about me. I have great health insurance, and so does every member of Congress."

Tags: all, discussions

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is my understanding of what Obama calls, you still have a choice. Yes, my husband and I do have very good health insurance, not the best (as do our gov't leaders), but it is good. Our company is a rather large company therefore it can afford a better program. However, once the new system comes into effect our company may look at the savings they would incur if they switched everyone to the new system. Now Obama admits that this could happen and probably will, but you can still keep your insurance by paying more. There's the catch people. Yes, we have a choice, but we will pay for it dearly.

Then there's my grandchildren who are currently on medicaid. My daughter hopes that one day they will afford a better life and will no longer need medicaid. The catch for them is that they will be automatically signed up in the new system and will no longer have the choice.
Keep the faith and hope you keep your insurance because if you lose it, which believe me can happen to anyone, faith is all you will have.
PP,

First of all, the LINK to that list is here:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/8851473/The-Health-Care-BillWhats-In-It

Secondly, the link to the actual BILL is here:

http://energycommerce.house.gov/Press_111/20090714/aahca.pdf

I don't have all night to match your (copied) list line for line, but here are a few places where your (copied) list is WRONG:

Page 22--The actual bill states:
_______________________________________________________________________________________

22 (b) STUDY AND REPORTS.—
23 (1) STUDY.—The Commissioner, in coordina
24 tion with the Secretary of Health and Human Serv
25 ices and the Secretary of Labor, shall conduct a
26 study of the large group insured and self-insured
1 employer health care markets. Such study shall ex
2 amine the following:
3 (A) The types of employers by key charac
4 teristics, including size, that purchase insured
5 products versus those that self-insure.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Note the term LARGE GROUP. Not "all employers" as your text states, but only LARGE EMPLOYERS.

LARGE GROUP is a recognized term in the insurance industry: http://www.nahu.org/consumer/findagent3.cfm?State=MS

IBM, for instance, is considered a "Large Group" self-insured company. Your local hair salon--NOT.

And re. "There will be a GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE that decides what treatments you will get"

Here's what the bill says (BTW, it's "Section 123")

11 SEC. 123. HEALTH BENEFITS ADVISORY COMMITTEE.
12 (a) ESTABLISHMENT.—
13 (1) IN GENERAL.—There is established a pri
14 vate-public advisory committee which shall be a
15 panel of medical and other experts to be known as
16 the Health Benefits Advisory Committee to rec
17 ommend covered benefits and essential, enhanced,
18 and premium plans.

19 (2) CHAIR.—The Surgeon General shall be a
20 member and the chair of the Health Benefits Advi
21 sory Committee.

22 (3) MEMBERSHIP.—The Health Benefits Advi
23 sory Committee shall be composed of the following
24 members, in addition to the Surgeon General:
1 (A) 9 members who are not Federal em
2 ployees or officers and who are appointed by
3 the President.
4 (B) 9 members who are not Federal em
5 ployees or officers and who are appointed by
6 the Comptroller General of the United States in
7 a manner similar to the manner in which the
8 Comptroller General appoints members to the
9 Medicare Payment Advisory Commission under
10 section 1805(c) of the Social Security Act.
11 (C) Such even number of members (not to
12 exceed 8) who are Federal employees

Sure, it's a government committee. It's a governmetn BILL. But it's composed of medical professionals selected in various ways.

And note the phrase: "to recommend covered benefits and essential, enhanced, and premium plans."
BTW:

You quote

Page 489, Section 1308: Marriages and divorces will not be authorized unless the couple subjects themselves to marriage and family therapy.

BULLSHIT! I read it. No such language exists.

Unless you mean this:

"...(i) by striking ‘‘and’’ before ‘‘(W)’’; and (ii) by inserting before the semicolon at the end the following:..."

Page 494-498: All Mental Health Services will be provided by the government including defining, creating, and rationing those services.

The actual Bill (see the link) says nothing about "All Mental Health Services will be provided by the government", so that's a direct LIE

I'm afraid I'm going to have to report you now.
From my doctor:
Starting July 1, 2010 if you require hospitalization.
You will be cared for by a team of hospital employed physicians called Hospitalists.
Your doctor will have access to electronic medical records from the hospital.
(I have no comment on this).
This is not new at all. Last fall when I had my knees replaced my care in the hospital was by a group of hospitalists. The surgeon dropped by a couple of times to look at the incisions but that is all. This was not new even then.
It is the hospitals that make the call on this.
My opinion......the health care fight is like most other things in life.....the "haves" are scared shitless they may lose something. In fact all the "haves" could be lumped into a large corporation which nowadays simply means we do what ever it takes to make money for the shareholders and upper management. We got ours. we don't give a flying fig about you.
NO ONE IN A COUNTRY THIS RICH SHOULD BE DENIED FIRST CLASS HEALTH CARE BECAUSE OF THEIR INABILITY TO PAY.
NO ONE SHOULD LOSE EVERYTHING THEY'VE WORKED FOR BECAUSE OF A CATASTROPHIC ILLNESS. PUT ANY DAMN NAME YOU PLEASE ON NATIONAL HEALTH CARE.......EVERYONE DESERVES IT.
Oh, and Peaches, until I can get it would you please add me to your policy??? I'll be holding my breath.
I agree totally Bob. I am one of those who lost everything due to illness. I got cancer, and a month after the surgery, I had a hernia strangulate and nearly kill me. 4 hospitilizations, 3 surgeries, chemo and radiation, took everything I ever owned. I couldn't work, but on top of mortage, utilities, insurance, food on the table, etc., I had 29 medical bills that had to be paid every month. I sent each $20 bucks a month for as long as I could. Then $10 a month, and finally $5 a month till there was nothing left. Lost my savings, my home, my vehicles, ended up selling everything I had either on ebay or at garage sales. Oh, and lost my extremely good credit rating. 6 1/2 years later I still get calls from bill collectors. I tell them I would pay if I could. And if I could, I would do it in a heart beat. The shame of not being to pay my own bills is a burden that has driven me to the brink many times. And why? I got sick.
I can totally synpathize with you, my Friend. My wife of 36 years lost a 2 year battle with cancer in 2007. I'm still paying....will probably still owe till the day I die. I have always paid my bills, but this as you know, is overwhelming.
Bob, I agree except for one thing, It is upper management who get rich, not the rank and file shareholders. Why? because the regulations allow upper management to structure the rewards system without the average shareholder having any say in the matter. They set it up so that they get rich even if the Corporation is going bankrupt. Then when forced out they open their "Golden Parachute" and the remaining stockholders get screwed.
because the regulations allow upper management to structure the rewards system without the average shareholder having any say in the matter.

Actually, it's not the "regulations" that allow this. The shareholders allow this to happen. Now there are a lot of reasons for this, some of which are not exactly kosher, and one could write a very long article about it (and there have been many that have been written). But much of it revolves around apathy. If you've ever owned even a single share of stock (and most people actually do), you get an annual report in the mail, along with a voter card, which can be filled out and sent in. Question: How many of you actually look at either one? (If it's more than two of you, I'll be shocked)

If the shareholders can't be bothered to look out for their own interests, how can you blame management for taking advantage? It's interesting to note that in the past several years, there have been several substabtial movements among shareholders to voice their displeasure with management's sometime-high-handed tactics and there is also evidence that management takes heed.

As I said, there are a lot of reasons for this but there are no "regulations" that force it.
This is a prime example of why I have made the decision to stop participating in discussions about politics and religion.

People throw up some random excerpts and then add their opinion as tho it were part of the document. This discussion is meaningful only in that it shows just how unreasonable some people can be. Why throw fictional books about religion into a discussion about health care? If there were a god, who was actualy in control , why would we even be having this discussion?
There, I'm done.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service