TBD

TBD on Ning

Are there unwanted side effects to eating "Right"?

We all know by now that many medications have bad side effects. "If in excess of 4 hours---------etc..

What about diet?

No!!! I'm not talking about the effects of Shoney's all you can eat buffet.  If you eat regularly at An "all you can eat" diner, you know very well the possible side effects.

What I'm refering too are those little side effects that you may not be aware of. 

For Example:

DID YOU KNOW?
Asparagus is the ultimate springtime vegetable. But some of us find our urine smells strange after we eat it. According to "The Science of Good Food," "Our bodies metabolize asparagusic acid into methyl mercaptan, a chemical that closely resembles skunk spray. About 40 percent of the population claim to be immune to the effect, although it is now believed to be more common." Recent research suggests, though, that genetics determine which people are able to detect the odor, which is why some of us don't notice a change in our urine's smell after enjoying asparagus.

So, if you are having trouble getting a second date, it might be because of something you ate.

Extra Strong Garlic chicken anyone?

Or, if you really hate your dentist, What should you eat just before your next appointment?

Yes! there can be many side effects to our diet.
What do you suggest for a purpose driven diet?
Let's hear your suggestions. And/Or funny diet stories. 

Tags: aches, belly, diet, food, noises, smells

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

horses like to fart a lot.
Especially if you are brushing their tail.
THem quiet farts. Right in the face.
Yuck! they eat hay, grain and grass.
♪ When an eel bites your thigh
As you're just swimming by
That's a Moray ♫
Morals???? I dinna see the word "morals" in the original post, laddie.
In any case, they're all low-sodium, low-fat, low-cholesterol and should be included in your diet - if you like them. That's the key.

I love asparagus! We planted a huge patch of it in the garden the first year we arrived, but it has run its course and been pulled out for a few years now. Fortunately this is an asparagus-growing area so I can get all I want from local farms. So your piss smells funny. Nobody checks up on that around my house. I s'pose men should make it a point to use the toilet during asparagus season.

I grow - and love - Jerusalem artichokes, too. I have no problem with them, but they do contain a sugar that is difficult for some people to digest, hence the reaction. I think it is sort of like lactose intolerance, some do, some don't.
Best Asparagus Recipe, Ever: Roll spears of trimmed asparagus in prosciutto, sprinkle with freshly-grated romano or parmesan, drizzle with olive oil and broil til done. Good Lord.

My brother told me he had once been at a street market in Philadelphia and some wag had crossed out "Jerusalem" over the artichoke bin and scribbled in, "Zionist".
Ha ha! Good one. Should I relabel mine?

Your recipe sounds good. I want you to know that I am eating asparagus as we speak, and it is deeeeelicious! Steamed with a little butter, al dente.
Al dente? Oh, she's using complicated terms, again. "All dented?" "All saints?" Hmmm...I guess I'll just have to break down and expand my vocabulary.
Kosher artichokes? Never heard of 'em.
The reason I mentioned those particular veggies is that I don't like them...turnips, Jerusalem artichokes, rutabagas, liver...ewww. Don't like anything that tastes "weird" or "bitter." It's all in the taste. To each his own.
He ate a lot of pain killers which will do that to your colon. Four days after my knee replacements I had to give up all pain killers except tylenol because I was so backed up.
WOW!!! Lynda,
I'll Post this post on the post by my fridge. That ought to quickly move me to the postappetite phase..
Is that a lavender scent wafting by?

Oh, it is! Prunella is in the room!

;-D

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service