TBD

TBD on Ning

Do you own a Gun if so what kind ?

f so do you keep it close by in case you need to use it ?

You ever go to a Gun Range to Practice ?

Do you plan on Buying a Gun if you don't own one ?

Views: 273

Replies to This Discussion

I hame a gun collector.  I also hunt and shoot trap.  If someone chooses to come in my home uninvited they will truely be sorry.

that's right,the only one you can count on is YOU.

Yep, and people are getting crazier and crazier.

yea,batshit crazy

well you are armed and ready rose because of that experience you went thru .. so you know what its like to be completely helpless in a bad situation like you were .. before that happened ownin a gun was not somethin that was on your mind all that much i'd hazzard a guess , but now you know better from experience .. again i'd like to repeat here that anyone who thinks they shouldn't own a gun or think they'd never need one this is america the land of the free and the home of the brave ,so nobody will force you to arm yourself .. thats your right and i'd never ridicule you for that decision .. but for the people who feel the need to own one because they or someone close to them has been attacked , or they think the world is a crazy place and sometimes crazy can land right on your doorstep , along with some pretty mean spirited people who are countin on the fact that they are armed and you are not , by all means they have the right to own a gun .. and to not be held accountable for it .. we have all these stats about gun deaths but we have no stats as to how they break down .. i've heard it said way too many times that a gun won't save you if you're bein attacked .. but they have no stats to say thats true .. or how many are police shootings in the line of duty .. its just one big number all rolled into one .. suicides , murders ,accidents , police actions , and self defense .. it would be nice if they could catagorize them so we all had a better idea how all these gun deaths break down .. i mean we have computers , i'm sure it could be done .. would they get it 100% accurate ?? probably not .. but even if they only get it in the 90% range its more than we know now .. and i'm sure as we go along they would get it more and more accurate .. i mean after all we argue about guns all the time .. how many bullets we should have , what kind of bullets , how fast they should exit the gun , and so on and so on .. don't you think its in everyones best interest to know just how all this gun activity breaks down ?? its not always as simple as they were shot and they died .. i think its time we start fillin in the who what when where why and how of it all too ..anyone else think so ??  

The Center for Disease Control tracks some of these.   http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm   I think these are from 2010. I did not snoop around bats and knives in particular.

Mortality

All   injury deaths

• Number of   deaths: 180,811
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 58.6

All   poisoning deaths

• Number of deaths: 42,917
  • Deaths per   100,000 population: 13.9

Motor vehicle traffic deaths

• Number of deaths: 33,687
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.9

All   firearm deaths

• Number of   deaths: 31,672
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 10.3

Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2010, table 18  [PDF - 3.1 MB]

All Drug poisoning deaths

• Deaths per 100,000 population: 12.4 (2010)

thats a good list shadow but what i was lookin for was gun deaths and how they broke down .. how many were suicides or police shootins .. or just someone defendin themselves as opposed to just street crime and gang related over turf or drugs and of course innocent bystanders .. not to mention acts of passion such as spurned lovers or road rage and car jackins .. and lets not forget the wingnuts that go off and shootup a movie theatre or some other public place .. all that kinda stuff .. the way it is now its all one big number .. i'm not positive about this but i'd say about a third of the gun deaths are self inflicted so if they kept the guns out of their hands how many of them would just turn to poison or just drive their car off a cliff instead ?? who knows ??maybe havin the real numbers would help ?? and then again , maybe not .. 

Darn tootin!

I pity the fool!!!!

did you grow up in Mayberry?

Honey, everywhere else is Mayberry when you come from NJ.

JK, Now I live in Mayberry, it's official. But I grew up near NYC.

i'm still here

Bathsalt crazy, my grand daughter is named after one of my children's friends who was stabbed multiple times by her boyfriend who was high on pcp.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service