TBD

TBD on Ning

just thought i'd post this .. we all have somethin that we're goin thru from time to time and its just nice to know that there are others who are goin thru the same thing or somethin similar enough that they understand .. and you can talk about it here and they'll get it .. in another post cresty said she had that sad thing .. seasonal --- i dunno what the a stands for but i think the d stands for disorder .. and i had it all my life .. never quite knew what the hell it was .. i always thought it was because everything around me was dyin and somehow i was mourning all that death around me .. but now they say its the light .. who knew ?? but man it would get me down sometimes .. so i moved to florida and its pretty much gone .. but the thing about florida tho is i don't see all the trees dyin and stuff like that .. i don't have to mow the lawn as much and thats always a good thing .. but it don't really turn brown . it just really slows down cause we don't get that torrential rain every day like we do in the summer .. so if its the light or just the leaves fallin off the trees ?? i'm not sure .. maybe a bit of each .. all i know is its not the season that will depress me now .. but for any of you out there who have somethin you're goin thru there just might be someone else who's goin thru it too .. hence this simple song ..( i never miss an opportunity to post a song that will fit a situation ) 

Views: 269

Replies to This Discussion

It is one of the things I love about you Frenchy, you always seem to hit the right note!  :)

why thank you t .. you know that music is very important to me and instead of just postin a song i like to put it into some kinda context so maybe the listener can appreciate it even more .. and even see why i think its significant to me .. it might not be to them also but then this post is called you are not alone so you never know how much you will relate to what i'm sayin here .. but as i was sayin a post starts off and there's some kinda train of thought and it can take another turn .. like this next old fleetwood mac song by danny kirwan .. we're on the train so this seems to fit too .. station man .. the thing about this song that i think makes it significant is fleetwood mac went thru a lot of personel changes over the 40+ odd years they've been together .. but the one thing that was always constant was mick fleetwood on drums and john mcvie on bass .. and one thing about a good band is the bass and the drums just kinda lock together and they form the base of whatever the guitar or keyboards or any other instrument will be able to do and play on top of .. if the bass and drums ain't in time together then it makes it hard for everyone else to do their thing ..and fleetwood mac had just about the best rhythym section in rock and roll .. you could feel it and it would move you .. even if it was just a few simple chord changes you knew that bass and drums were gonna be right where they were supposed to be  .. right in the pocket .. listen to the bass and drums in this next one .. station man ..

and finally one last one .. about livin on the road like musicians do and bein sick of it .. just wantin to be home .. i always knew if i was gonna be a musician full time there would be two things about it i'd absolutely hate .. one was fame .. why in the world you'd want complete strangers to know every little thing about you has always baffled me but some people absolutely need that like a drug .. and second , i'd have to be on the road all the time .. wake up and you don't know if you're in cinncinatti or cleveland .. so , here's homeward bound .. this song is sung by christine mcvie tho .. but the guitar is danny kirwan .. they were such a good band .. i love the way danny has the guitar weave in with the piano and keyboards which christine plays .. and she was such a good singer too .. when stevie nicks and lindsey buckingham joined the group all the attention went to stevie .. she was everyone's absolute darling , not that she wasn't attractive cause she was .. but for me .. it was always christine .. she was the one that always got my attention ..

Christine always always got my attention too.. her lyrics and piano always struck a chord for me..in a personal way...back in the day....I played piano, used to write a lot of romantical poetry...Songbird especially was a favorite...I had a connection with the shelly poem..."to a Skylark"...blithe spirit and all...connect connect...music always does that doesn't it? This isn't exactly the theme of the post, but I'm taking a little detour...

its a nice detour tho vickie .. 

I thought so too frenchy...glad you agree.

I was reading an article about lonliness and the effects it has on our health. We are social creatures by nature and our bodies crave and require a level of interaction. Our health is compromised if we don't have it. Our immune systems are impacted. There are some chemicals that can be measured that are created through social interaction. We aren't made to be islands unto ourselves...we are village people...so to speak...

i'm glad you like it rose .. i'm glad you like it here too.. a lot of people think this group was a good idea but the truth is the only thing i did was pick the initial people who joined because i knew they were great people .. and the rest took care of itself ..and now as time goes by we're startin to draw in some new people .. and so far all the new people have been really good too.. which is why you'll fit in so good too rose .. just be yourself .. and we'll talk to you .. cause we're like that .. yeah we are ..    

yep, lover lives uot of state, I buryed my family here, 2 very close freinds moved far away 5-6 yaers ago. It is very dificult for me to get to no new poeple. Work alone. Ackeingly lonely often. No one new wen I droped off the map for 5 weeks I wil most likely croke that way eventualy.

part of the dichotomy of being a human being...we are not alone...yet always alone

I no yuo no. Thank yuo my freind.

Beautiful!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service