TBD

TBD on Ning

i've seen bits and pieces of it but i'm watchin these talkin heads now who are sayin that john good the last witness who actually did see zimmerman on the ground and treyvon on top whoopin him mma style ( which means mixed martial arts like ufc or ultimate fightin champinship ) has opened the door for the prosecution because he said maybe zimmerman could have wriggled free . which would mean that he didn't have to shoot trevon because he wasn't in imminent danger .. as if he could have just gotten away as easy as snappin your fingers ..but the thing is tho if you knew what zimmerman had said in his deposition when he was arrested ( yes he was arrested , a lot of people think he wasn't but he was , and he was questioned for 5 hours , and they took his clothes for evidence ) he said treyvon saw the gun in his jacket in the holster and tried to take it from him and they grappled over the gun and it went off .. so i'm not sure how zimmerman could have prevented that unless he just handed the gun over to a guy who's beatin your brains out .. but does that make sense to anyone here ?/ hey lemme give you my gun so you'll stop beatin me and you can shoot me instead ok?? ..  they should get some guys who have done their homework on this event to commentate .. 

Views: 1299

Replies to This Discussion

here's a link to angela corey's indicment ..

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/guns/zimmerman-prosecutor-an... 

That is not a real indictment at all. It is a bunch of nut case libertarians trying to take the law into there own hands. These also happen to be big anti Obama people. If anyone should be arrested it is them.
I wondered why this was not in the news so I did a little research. Didn't take much.

you might be right about that p.a. .. i just did a google search and grabbed the first link about this .. are they all libertarians ?? cause there's about a half a dozen links to different sites all claimin the same thing .. ya know i'm a registered democrat and vote that way mostly but i've voted republican from time to time too if i think they have the better candidate ..i've never voted libertarian not so much because i don't like them ( i'll listen to what anyone has to say and either agree or disagree acordingly ) but because the 2 party system is pretty much all you can get elected .. sad ain't it .. so what did the libertarians do they should all be arrested for ?? again i'm not tryin to goad you here cause thats not how i am .. i truly don't know ..  

People are so quick to try to make this trial as Zimmerman is a racist and Trayvon as innocent victim. And why is everyone worried that the black community will riot if Zimmerman is acquitted. The media is fueling the fire with this fear.  White people didn't riot when OJ was acquitted.

These racial accusations are out of hand now.  Zimmerman and Martin-- a tragic meet up, plain and simple.  The perfect storm...

i agree cresty , this was never a white black thing at all .. not even a little bit .. it will always be referred to as such but they would be wrong .. its a simple case of self defense and weather you have the right to defend yourself if someone is beatin the snot outta you .. zimmerman is not a racist and black people who knew him have said so and come to his aid .. one black woman did it today from her sick bed via skype .. again like martin luther king said .. content of character .. if we can elect a black president i think its time we can vote guilty or innocent based on that too .. i mean are there really people who think that zimmerman meant to hunt this kid down like a dog cause he was black ?? i mean really ?? this country has changed quite a bit in the last 50 years .. i remember the riots in newark new jersey back in 67 .. i lived in elizabeth which is the next town over and grew up with black kids so i understood it .. and some black people are absolutely beautiful people .. and some not so much .. i can say the exact same thing about some white people too tho .. but as far as white people riotin ?? ehh.. i'm not sayin it'll never happen that we won't get so sick up and fed and do it but when was the last time you saw white people riotin about anything black people have done in the last 50 years ?? outside of the klu klux klan or the arian brotherhood which are just fringe elements akin to the black panthers i can't think of anything really .. white people have become pretty complacent and we just don't do that .. however the black community does and will march at the drop of a hat .. lately we've been bendin over backwards tryin to apease them and in some instances they're probably right .. this ain't one of them times tho .. zimmerman and martin was a tragic meetin no doubt .. but from what i've discovered about treyvon if it wasn't zimmerman it woulda been somebody else sooner or later . he was an explosive situation just lookin for a place to happen..  

I don't know what odds makers are saying out there but it depends on what the jury focuses on. The background of both Zimmerman and Martin are irrelevant as to the legal issues of what went on that night although I do not deny that that can influence a jury or the public. Both were legally going about their business until a certain point and the jury may spend some time wondering about where that point is located. No doubt they will discuss why Zimmerman chose to follow Martin and at what point performing the neighborhood watch role changed. At some point he did more than watch and got into a physical conflict and provided the opportunity for the struggle over the gun if that is what happened. The gun had a round in the chamber that may weigh against Zimmerman as far as premeditation. Only Zimmerman knows at what point the safety was switched off. Martin likely thought some criminal was after him and Zimmerman may have thought he was after a criminal. As of the way it is going now in the news I would say the odds are about 50/50 that Zimmerman will be found guilty of some criminal charges.

Why is there such a thing as a Stand Your Ground law to begin with?  I thought self-defense was always a legitimate defense way before this law.  Maybe this law is the enemy here and gave Zimmerman a sense of righteousness.

zimmerman did not claim stand your ground cresty .. he claimed self defense .. they are similar but different .. stand your ground is an extention of the old castle doctrine law which was that if you were in your own house you had no reason to retreat from an intruder .. out on the street however it was different .. if threatened you had to retreat from a fight if you were able or could be arrested if you hurt your attacker .. then came the stand your ground law which stated that wherever you were was the same as your home and you had no reason to retreat from a fight or an attack .. and could meet force with force .. even deadly force if need be .. self defense is different in that you are not standing your ground as such .. meanin that zimmerman could not retreat even if he wanted to .. and i'm sure he wanted to but how do you retreat when your attacker is on top of you and poundin the piss outta you ?? he couldn't .. so for the self defense claim all zimmerman has to prove or make the jury believe is that he thought his life was in jeapordy .. he didn't even have to have a scratch on him ..he just had to have them believe he thought he was in fear for his life .. i'll admit its a lot harder to sell that to a jury tho if you aren't hurt ..just look at all the replies we've gotten here about how small some think his injuries were .. as if treyvon deserved a pass because he only beat him up so much before he was shot .. question is when was treyvon gonna stop smackin his head on the sidewalk ?/ does anyone know that answer ?? how many smacks on the sidewalk can a human skull take before you kill someone ?? i still can't get that answer but it is simple .. just one is all it could take . probably not usually .. but sometimes one good knock on the noggin is all you'd need to kill someone .. can anyone say that the next time treyvon smacked zimmermans head wouldn't be the killin blow ?? can they ?? or if not that one then the one after that ?? anybody here wanna play head smackin roullete ?? 

as far as the gun havin no safety on shadow,  there was a sky marshal who testified that no law enforcement officer has a safety on their gun .. they must be ready and able to shoot at a moments notice or their gun is worthless ..and accordin to this guy who is a law enforcement officer all police have a bullet in the chamber at all times .. i never knew that .. he said its required ..  now weather the jury would agree with that or not i don't know .. i do know if zimmerman had a safety on his gun he might not be here now .. but his gun was picked out for the reason that it didn't have an external safety for just this kind of situation ..  

But Zimmerman was not a law enforcement official although it appears he thought he was.
And why could Martin not defend himself?

have you not been watchin this trial p.a. ?? it looked to me like martin was doin a lot more than defendin himself .. he was beatin the snot outta zimmerman .. i'd say that went a lot further than defense .. and why would he have needed to defend himself from zimmerman ?? by all accounts zimmerman has never attacked anyone before while on neighborhood watch .. why would he now ?? if martin felt threatened he could have outrun zimmerman if he wanted to and been back at his fathers girlfriends house in less than 6 seconds .. but he chose to double back .. he could have called 911 on zimmerman but he chose not to .. and it would have been a no brainer if they would have let the evidence from treyvons own phone in but the judge threw that out today .. i wonder if that has anything at all to do with the fact that angela corey the states prosecutor is sittin in the court room with the martin family as i'm typin this .. talk about one sided .. they can bring in everything they want about zimmermans backround but treyvons is off limits .. even if it shows he had a penchant for fightin and drug use and who knows what else is on there .. hey mr. omara you can defend zimmerman but you have to do it with one hand tied behind your back and stand on one foot .. yeah that should be fair right ??  

British Journal of Psychiatry

Cannabis use can lead to a range of short-lived symptoms such as                          depersonalisation, derealisation, a feeling of loss of control, fear of dying,                          irrational panic and paranoid ideas                          (Thomas, 1993). For example,                          Thomas (1996) reported that,                          among cannabis users who responded to his survey, 15% identified psychotic                          symptoms such as hearing voices or having unwarranted feelings of persecution                          or risk of harm from others.                           (Szymanski, 1981;                           Keshaven & Lishman, 1986

Thanks for the explanation of the 'Stand Your Ground' law, I didn't know the background.  Apparently Martin's parents have a facebook page asking for donations to help fight this law.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service