TBD

TBD on Ning

Stories about sledding, snow skiing, ice skating, snowball fights, building forts or snowmen. You get the idea. Any thing involving snow. When was the last time you ever did any of these things?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's more than we've had so far this season and I live in Missouri. Is it cold enough to be there tomorrow? What about making a snow angel before it melts? Hurry!!
I was assigned to Ft. Devens, MA in 1974, I had two small boys and a wife who was from San Angelo and Austin Texas. None of them had ever been Ice Skating. We lived in government quarters and had a small patio at the back door. Somewhere, I had read how to turn a patio into a skating rink. You just put boards around the edge and then when it gets cold enough, you spray a fine mist of water on the patio. The spray turns to ice almost as soon as it hits the patio surface. Once it is frozen you spray the mist over it again. You keep doing this and you soon have a rink with a smooth surface. I tried it and it worked. When the ice gets cuts and groves in it you just mist it again, only with a heaver mist. that fills in the grooves. The boards keep the water on the patio until it freezes. We had little skating parties at our back door lots of evenings. By the second winter everyone was skaking well enough that the small rink was no longer big enough. But we had a lot of fun that first winter and many pictures for showing the Texas Inlaws and outlaws.
Pru, You better get back inside. You are gonna freeze your little butt off.
When I was about 7-8 we lived on Nantucket Island. The drifts were just HUGE!! I remember how slippery cobblestone can be. I really just remember the cold. Utah can come close sometimes in that Chill Feel.
We had a very steep hill that the city would block off during real slick conditions.
My kids would sled down the hill and I could be their pusher/puller back up the hill.
Pretty soon we had kids all over the hill.
Some nut in a Jeep drove around the road closed sigh and down he came.
I yelled at the kids to go up the bank, they all did it to my shock.
That guy lost it and hit every telephone pole on his way down.
The kids would clap when he ripped another piece off of his Jeep.
He said he had a four wheel drive and it should have been ok.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service