TBD

TBD on Ning

This is the place to vent your frustrations.  Have at it!!

Post your rant here.

Views: 8228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The crowd at the Tea Party debate last night booed a gay soldier.

I am ashamed to be an American today.

I think those people have been out there for ever but lately they have gotten way too much attention and they are abusing it.

I agree.

I think because "their" leaders--Perry, Boehner, Santorum, et al...behave deplorably the average American, racist, homophobe thinks that they can voice their ignorance publicly as well.

Another thing that bothers me is, where are the Democrats to publicly condemn this behavior???

I sure do miss Ted Kennedy...

I have beieved for a long time that Democrats are too nice but on the other hand I would hate to see them become like the republicans.
We don't have to become like them, we just need to make sure they understand--we do not condone their behavior, we do not agree with their behavior, we think their display of hate and ignorance and intolerance is not representative of our nation!

When any of them utter the words, “I am representing my fellow Americans”, I want to scream, “NO, YOU AREN’T, YOU DON’T REPRESENT ME, YOU DON’T REPRESENT MY FRIENDS—DEMOCRAT AND REPUBLICAN ALIKE--, YOU DON’T REPRESENT THE IDEALS OF AMERICA, YOU REPRESENT YOUR OWN SELFISH, GREEDY, NAROW-MINDED, HATE-FILLED AGENDA!”

Well, actually, I have screamed those words at my television on occasion :-)
You and Caleb would work well together he screams at the TV also but not about politics. Wrestling usually gets him going. On second thought maybe they are much the same.
I think it is unparalleled in history that a society has become progressively stupider and less enlightened as ours has become in last 30 years or so. Maybe there is a finite amount of intelligence available to us and as the population has grown there is less and less to spread around individually. In another 20 years we'll be at the crossroads of de-evolving into Medieval era dark ages -  economic royalism, militarism, politicized religious fundamentalism, and culture wars.

It's pathetically simple, DD - They've been taught all their lives that hating other people is how they get to heaven.

Actually, I'm pasting in this link to a highly interesting article:

http://news.yahoo.com/belief-god-boils-down-gut-feeling-104403461.html

It might shed a little light on some of the darker corners of the human mind....

That explains so much about the thought processes of Bush, Perry, Bachman, etc. etc. etc.

It really does, doesn't it?

And not just Repubs, either - There's plenty of irrational thinking on both sides. Non-rational thinkers also have a greater likelihood of not even considering the possibility that they can be wrong, about ANYTHING - Not just the "reality" of their religious beliefs.

After all....What's a better example of irrational thinking than thinking that you can be rational with irrational people, and succeed?

I agree Snagg. To some, it doesn't matter what others believe, or even prove. Their gut tells them their right, and that's the end of the conversation. But we are suppose to think with our brains, not our guts. Last time I checked, my guts were full of sh*t.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service