TBD

TBD on Ning

This is the place to vent your frustrations.  Have at it!!

Post your rant here.

Views: 8241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our ladders were on a rollar held up by the ceiling. (sort of like the library)

The rungs were designed so that you could put your leg thru the rung so you wouldn't fall backwards.

We had to move the ladder hundreds of times a day.

Now our microwave towers were made with a safety a harness.

The OSHA guy was too chicken to climp our towers, but it just gave him a reason to pick on us.

The government ideas do not always work.

I figure employers are supposed to be responsible for providing a safe work environment.

What I did didn't come out right, it was the wrong paper for the technique.

OSHA will get you for that.

Rant:   It's cold and the sidewalks are icy.   I'm weary of worrying about falling...that's just getting from my door to the car.  Yes, I will put down more salt.

Rave:  It's payday.  No one's in jail or the hospital. I think spring will be here come April.  :-)

Only one more day of training this week. I'm starting to think I'm too dmn old to learn how to do a job where I have to interface with the public every day.

Did the employees ask for safety harnesses? If not, why the hell would OSHA make such a stupid ruling?

I have worked for and with the Govt most of my life. Most Govt agencies do a pretty good job. However, they sometimes put people with no common sense in positions to  make rules. That is when the system goes haywire. I've seen it happen many times.  This sounds like one of those times. I just do not understand why some people will defend any regulation the government makes and others will oppose any rule the government makes.

this sounds to me like a rule that should be examined closely by an  impartial entity.

Quote:
Did the employees ask for safety harnesses? If not, why the hell would OSHA make such a stupid ruling?

No employee asked for a safety harness. How can you be all over the building doing your job with the hooks and chains hanging down in a delicate environment.
I don't condone or condemn government oversight. Personally I think some things are over regulated while others are under regulated. (banks come to mind) However, most employers when faced with a choice between employee safety and the almighty dollar will choose the dollar. That's when a third party is needed to protect the worker be it the government or a union. Personally I would choose union.
When you work for a large company, it’s better to have a Union. Public servants= no.
My wife (retired) was a teacher. They needed a Union badly. The fair haired boys and sacred cows got district preference during layoffs even though they were not always the most skilled teachers, nor the ones with seniority. Also, the district would load the classrooms of good experienced teachers with the hard to handle children and those with special needs and then point fingers if the test scores fell in those classes. They would implement untested ideas or re-implement programs that didn’t work in the past. Of course the Union could not do anything about this.
The school district treated the teachers like crap.

My company got tired of some petty griping, let the Union handle this.
Someone made a law that we couldn’t pick up anything that weighed over forty pounds.
We had to hire a moving company as we might hurt ourselves.
Aren't teachers "Public Servants?
Define "public servant".

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service