TBD

TBD on Ning

This is the place to vent your frustrations.  Have at it!!

Post your rant here.

Views: 8487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, the ATM gave me the $300.00 I asked for. BUT IT GAVE IT TO ME IN 5 DOLLAR BILLS!!!! Do you know what a wallet with 60 $5 dollar bills looks like? Neither do I cause they won't fit!!! As Snagg said, this calls for a drink.
bumping nancy off the front page
I definitely won't rant about THAT.
Can I rave about something going good for a change?

In about two weeks, it's the third annual celebration of National Record Store Day. (April the 17th. It's Cool. Google it.) We're once again doing a live remote from Recycled Records, all DJ's playing strictly what's in stock at the store, and THIS year, I've managed to corral our first Rock Stars - Jon Langford, of the Mekons,

the Waco Brothers,

the Three Johns, various other ramshackle outfits (AND a hard-core supporter of NRSD) and Rosie Flores, the "Rockabilly Filly" herself (and for whom Langford's Pine Valley Cosmonauts will be her backing band later that night),

will be dropping by the shop to pick out some tunes to be played and to chat with the customers, before scampering off to their gig at the Hoogland Arts Center a few blocks away. Serendipitous? Hot Drippy Damn, You Bet.

Next Year: Neil Young, Sonic Youth and Tom Waits will show up, fraternize with and then lead the customers on a merry procession out onto the sidewalk, to the specially-prepared firing range, where Celine Dion will be manacled to a six-foot-wide bulls-eye and bushels of moldy grocery-store produce will be provided Free Of Charge to those who feel that corporate music has had a less than salutory effect on music, art and culture as a whole. Ya gotta have goals....
Great rant, Snagg, and great dreams for next year! You paint such a picture... could you print up a brochure, organize tours?
Sounds pretty cool. I should pay my favorite local indie shop a visit that day.

I'll be up your way next year for the festivities.
I want to know what my problem was yesterday. Was I in the space cadet competition? I nearly walked away from my checkbook at one store and then at the auto parts store I left my bank card. Fortunately when I went to the grocery store I noticed it missing. Rushed back to the auto parts store and it was 12:02 even though they usually are closed by noon. The kid behind the counter asked me if I was missing anything. Whew.
Are you saying I won the competition? :-)
note to self: don't let Ubu babysit the grandchildren, he might misplace them
My plan worked.
Never posted to this thread before.... I'm just gonna jump in rather blindly w/both feet & hope I get it right.
I have one of each:

Rant: 2 of my 3 tenants have become petty, angry, nasty little people who feed off of annoying me. I think I'm going to have the last word by kicking them to the curb as our 6 month commitments come to an end, just like swatting 2 mosquitoes off my arm. grrr.....

Rave: Last night's Amos Lee concert - OH MY GOSH it was GREAT!! Wow - loved it, loved it, loved it!
He melts me. And his songs melt me. And his voice melts me. Needless to say, I was in a puddle on the venue floor. '-)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service