TBD

TBD on Ning

This is the place to vent your frustrations.  Have at it!!

Post your rant here.

Views: 8487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ewwwwwwe. And I sleep with this man!????! Now you all know why he has his OWN bedroom!!!! (And his own mattress too.)
Who the hell let the foreigners in here?
Take your flippin' monkeys and get out of here, would ya?

Damn, I HATE monkeys. They're almost as bad as birds.
Oh, Quinny, I had no idea!

*Now what am I going to do with these? I was sure she would love them.*

Dee looked so cute in hers.
There are pictures floating around with Quinn wearing this....

That's more her style anyway.
Actually Chez...I have those slippers--gag gift at Christmas!

Ubu? I'll deal with you later. I have to take Lucy to puppy playtime---feel free to rant about that, I know you'll want to...
Nah. It is rather tempting though. I've gotten over the "it's all about Quinn" thingy. ;-)

Time to pick on Chez for a bit. So what's the big idea running off in search of psychedelic mushrooms and not reporting your findings? Hmm?
We had about 275 varieties in the show at the end of October; only a few that would give you a trip, though. We stay busy all the weekend, identifying what people bring in to complete our inventory list.

It never really stops. Here's one that we still find in winter - wild 'enoki' mushrooms. Yes, edible.

Next thing you know it will be time for the morels.

Oh, yes, I'm supposed to rant! I don't know why I can never find as many edible ones as everyone else! I always get carried away with the little oddball things. You'd think I'd catch on!
Those are Enoki's? Not Jack O'Lanterns?
Yes, they are Flammulina velutipes. Perfectly safe, no muscarine. Notice that they are fawn colored with a dark brown or beige velvety stem, not orange and glow-in-the-dark.

As a responsible mycologist (rant starts here) I refuse to encourage any consumption of fungi which can damage the health of the idiots who choose to screw around with them. You need to know WTF you are doing if you want to try it, and be prepared to deal with the consequences, short or long term, to your health, if you choose to consume toxic materials to get a buzz on. (Of course that goes for all of it, and who listens?)

Even perfectly innocent mushrooms, like morels and a number of others, can be toxic in a very insidious way if consumed when raw or improperly cooked. You can risk long-term cumulative damage to liver, kidneys, or blood cells. The worst of it is that these intoxications are often not even discovered as such; because they take so long to develop, the connection is not always made, even after the autopsy.
And to think I envisioned you and some close friends just going out and picking mushrooms, pausing occasionally to partake of wine and continuing on. This is much more in depth than I had thought. Very interesting, Chez.

Why didn't you invite me?!?! ;-)
Few things in the world taste better than a batch of chicken-fried morels. Especially in the sour cream sauce that I occasionally whip together.
Where is the little "People of WalMart" logo? You removed it didn't you? Wanted to make people think you are Hoity Toity

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service