TBD

TBD on Ning

Winter's coming....  for a few, it's already arrived, but here in the mid-Atlantic, it's just threatening, so far.  I'm not a fan of fall, because it means that winter lurks around the corner, but for now, the leaves are still on the trees ... most of 'em, anyhow!  and the weather's still tolerable w/o gloves and hat!

please stop by, help yourself to coffee or tea or a soft drink, and tell us how your day (or your week) has been, and catch up with the rest of us!  Thanks for hanging on to this discussion thread!

Tags: friends

Views: 211

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

okay, it's Saturday, and we're coming up on the holiday season 'way too fast.

not to mention, it's COLD!  brrrr.

but otherwise, life is good!  the sun is shining -- i thought those SandyStorm clouds would never dissipate, it was most of 6 days when the sun couldn't break thru! 

it's the first Sunday in November, so i'm gonna' try that "mature singles" dance again.  hope it's not cancelled tonite.

dance was held, maybe 35 people total, glad i went, met a few folks that i'll see again next month.

Evening all....I thought I would sneak in here and escape the election avalanche. Just bumped heads with some 'crazy' on FB so I am sipping some wine and nursing my sore fingers from banging so hard typing my response. 

The dance sounds fun Lynn, 35 is a nice turnout, not so many that you can't mingle and visit. 

Have a wonderful evening all....

Holy Cow!!!  Where have I been this last week?  Beats the heck out of me.  Lynn, thanks for starting the November thread.  You are right, the holidays are coming up way too fast.  It has been raining off and on here.  An occasional patch of blue sky passes by taking the sunshine with it.  Afternoon temps in the low 60s.  The furnace has hardly been firing up so far which is nice for the winter bills.

I'll be so glad when tomorrow is over.  I hope the gloating and whining is at a minimum for the rest of the week.

Friday was a proud day for me.  We attended and watched my daughter receive a Community Pride Award for her remodeled office building.  There were 6 awards given out and 3 honorable mentions.  So now I have 2 award winning design projects under my belt.  :)

We are leaving for Sacramento on Friday for a few days.  Sharon will be attending a conference while I wonder around seeing the sights including the California State Railroad Museum.

i too will be glad when the election is "over" but i fear that the final count will drag out for several weeks, and it's possible that the electoral count won't be known 'til the recounts in Ohio are finished.  let us hope otherwise!

Crystal, i understand the angry.  closed minds are so very difficult to deal with, and a few of the people that became "real life" friends from TBD have turned out to have that affliction.  it's rough.  i'm actually (and literally) scared that if O wins, the rabid right will take up arms in rebellion.  the big cities will be ok but the rural areas might not be.  frightening.

Richard, congrats to your daughter and to you for the design of her renovated/remodeled building!  that's GOT to be a good feeling!  I hope you and Sharon have a good time in Sacramento!  never been there, closest is Livermore, but it'll for sure be a big climate change for you, for the weekend!

Thalia, work resumes tomorrow, i hope you've had a grand weekend and not a gray one?

love and hugs all around....

i swore i wouldn't stay up for election results, but it's sure gonna' be difficult to rip myself away, even tho' i suspect that, in the end, we won't have a clear decision for a couple weeks, 'til recounts are done

Surprise surprise!  We don't have to wait for the election results after all.  I must say I thought the margin would be closer than it was.  What a vote of confidence for Pres. O.  And, we don't have to pay for name changing and redecorating the White House.

i was so tickled!  yippee!  once Fox News called it, i headed for bed.  if that bastion of rightwingers was giving up, it was real!  such a happy day!

just exchanged texts w/ my daughter, her roommate was scheduled for surgery at 4 pm, they took her in at 6:30 pm.  the doc is for sure exhausted, so i hope this is a really simple elbow repair.  apparently, the elbow has a protective bone something like the kneecap, and when she leaped the jersey barrier (and fell 10+ feet) to avoid being hit by an inattentive driver while walking alongside a major roadway, she managed to either break or dislocate that bone.

daughter checked in, surgery was delayed (began after 6:30 pm) but she was at pharmacy getting painkiller Rx and then to pick up roommate and head for home; they arrived safely!  i am thankful!

Welcome, CrystalS!  thank you for stopping in!  wolves are my totem, that's a great pic!

Hi all

So am back...did not realize how stressed I was about this election...the first one that I have truely been passionate about.

I wonder when the hate and rage on facebook is going to end...we need to stop bitching about what didn't happen, pull together and work for a more UNITED states and look at was is....I cannot believe some people...I guess it is the libra in me and wanting everyone to love one another,  I suppose for that to happen I will have to move to another planet eh?????

Love and laughter to all who comes around

Crystal, welcome to you

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service