TBD

TBD on Ning

What are the songs that define your philosophy of life? Here's one of mine...

Tags: attitude, outlook, you go girl!

Views: 1493

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not particularly my theme but it has somewhat of an appeal to me, I always think of my dad when I hear it. Back around the time of the Roswell UFO shenanigans my mom was found in a terrified state by my dad. She was cowering in the bedroom and after much prodding claimed she saw some creature staring at her through the window. There was a large circular expanse of burned grass nearby the house. Mom was extremely smart and very rational while dad was a major league prankster. It was a small rural town, the story made the rounds and through whatever circumstances mom got visited by two FBI fellows, probably because she reeked of credibility. She never again discussed what happened that night and dad was tight lipped about it also.

Amazing, Funes! 

Encounters that rattle rational people like your mom surely can't be discounted out of hand, especially when you throw in additional evidence like the circular patch of burnt grass (which I'm assuming was unexplained).

I feel terrible for your mom--that experience must have shaken her sense of security permanently. You mention that your dad was a major prankster. Do you suspect he was playing a prank that succeeded too well? 

As years went on did you try to get more information about the incident, or did you respect your parents' decision to stay mum? 

SPOOKY! My mind is whirring.

I can appreciate what Fune's mom and dad each individually got out of that episode.

When I was around five years old, my brother played a prank on me by putting on a bunny suit and hopping around in the bushes outside our bedroom window - On the Saturday evening before Easter.

My mom, a good little observant catholic (and who was in on the joke), made sure that I saw him, and saw no harm in assuring me that THE EASTER BUNNY WAS REAL, AS REAL AS JESUS, and that we should believe whatever we were told by authority figures, instead of figuring things out for ourselves.

Minutes later, when the prank was revealed to me, I was just enough of a dirty stinking heathen to realize that mom, in the name of her all-consuming faith and belief, had just told me a fat, whopping lie. No wonder I was an atheist by the time I was nine.

I guess we both survived okay Snagg. One Easter my dad spread cotton balls soaked with ketchup around the house and informed me and my brothers that he had shot the Easter Bunny.

My parents couldn't care less what we believed. 

When I was 3, my older brother decided to open my eyes to the harsh realities of life, so he smashed my Easter basket and hung a big stuffed bunny over my bed, its neck in a perfectly tied noose. 

It just went downhill from there. :>)

I suspect that the government agents really intimidated them to remain silent. Both my parents were the talkative types but on this absolutely nothing more was mentioned.

Lets have a little coon a$$ music to liven this place up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VcDy8HEg1QY

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service