TBD

TBD on Ning

I just had a vodka in Wyler's fruit punch!

Views: 222

Replies to This Discussion

You got it, Chiefy!

I tried something new Sunday night - It's called "Malort", and it's kind of a 70-proof Estonian-hillbilly version of absinthe - It's another wormwood derivative, but minus the interesting psychoactive properties.

Anyway, it's the kind of stuff you only drink either on a dare, or if you're so desperate for a shot that it's a hard choice between Malort and furniture polish. (I knew I was in for an interesting experience when the guy doing the buying ordered three Malorts and the waitress visibly shuddered. She tried to put a good spin on it by calling it "herb-ey", which in the lexicon of seasoned drinkers means "Tastes like Round-Up".) The guy buying described it as something like a Band-Aid that's been marinating in Listerine for a month. (I asked him if I was supposed to warm it over a black candle first while chanting something satanic.)

Anyway, they arrived, we toasted one another with "Here's to bad decisions" and drank'em down.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/malortface/\

....I've had worse. Not much, but worse. "Listerine" gives it too much credit - It's more like Dollar Store mouthwash, with an oily, kerosene-flavored cough syrup burr that stuck in my gullet even after two cognac's and a big slice of birthday cake. (Don't ask.) Remember how when you were learning to drink, and you got sick after drinking too much of something, and you swore you'll never drink that particular something again ? Well, Malort simply cuts out the second step of that learning process - You don't have to heave, to know that you're never touching that stuff again.

So...There you go. Next time you're out drinking with somebody that you know has a sick sense of humor and they suggest a shot of "Malort" - At least I've advised you on the ramifications.

Well, I've certainly had MERLOT but never Malort!  Funny.

I did have a swig of real live moonshine once.  And it was smoother than I thought it would be.

GOOD moonshine is like that. Stump juice....That's a horse of a different color.

gads this brings to mind a story about shots of green river. a friend of mine was working management in a factory and assembly plant way back when and they began to have problems with people getting drunk on their mid-day mealbreak. so jack went out with the workers at the break and followed them to a bar just down the road. turns out they were getting shots of Green River for something between a dime and a quarter... (this was a LONG time ago)....and the green river was kept in a freezer behind the bar. when jack talked to the barkeep about it and asked why it was kept in the freezer, he was told "it was so bad, if it wasn't that cold, you couldn't swallow it or keep it down" and interestingly enough there was no claim to what green river was i.e. whiskey, scotch, bourbon, whatever.... just alcohol content

I think GR was classified as "TECHNICALLY"  a whiskey; But I know that during prohibition, bootleggers marketed it using medallions stamped with the saying "Green River - The whiskey without regret" - Clearly a case of false advertising if there ever was one.

Still not as bad as Four Roses, but there you go.

My husband has a bottle of Chartreuse he saves for special occasions, he thinks it's wonderful I think it's vile.

good rule of thumb is if it will take the paint off the car or the finish off the furniture and the floors, it's probably not a great idea to drink it

Personally, I'd rather try a shot of something that was at least an honest attempt at something unique, but failed, rather than something that was deliberately made as incompetent crap, aiming solely for the lowest common denominator - I'm looking at you, Heaven Hill and Blatz.

"I've spent a lot of money on whiskey and women. The rest I squandered."

Lol!

Absinthe!!! OMG. Did you not ever see the movie with Lana Turner, Madame X!  Absinthe was her ruination.  those old movies were so unbelievably bad, when you really think about them, but they were fascinating--and glamorous.

well there was a time when i could do some drinkin .. and i mean drinkin .. but you get older and start to realize you only have but so many brain cells you can kill ..so a few years ago i just cut way way back .. i'm not sayin i never drink at all .. i'll still have a drink or two from time to time to time if the mood hits me but i don't go howlin at the moom like i usta ..now here's a guy who was worse off than me .. i think he said i only got drunk once .. for 27 years .. and then he realized it was killin him so he took the pledge .. and then he wrote a song about it ,, and its a great song .. i can relate to it cause i got a few buddies who still ain't seen the light yet and a few who have .. its a lot easier spendin time with the ones who have ,, i'm not talkin about the 2 or 3 drink species either .. anyway here's your song.. and its a really good one ..

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service