TBD

TBD on Ning

OKAY....SINCE WE'RE ON THE TOPIC..

WHAT'S NOT LOST IT'S USEFULNESS...

WHAT DO YOU HAVE HANGING OUT IN THE KITCHEN DRAWER OR IN YOUR TOOLBOX THAT YOU CANNOT DO WITHOUT?

NEVER MIND THE INTERNET OR YOUR CELLPHONE...

JUST THE EVERYDAY TOOL THAT MAKES LIFE JUST A TAD EASIER...

Tags: screwdriver, use a hammer, when in doubt

Views: 24

Replies to This Discussion

What's not obsolete. Guess what, vinol records. 2010 had the best sales of vinyl in YEARS!!!! Kinda justifies my turntable and 600+ albums in VG to EX condion. Approx. 90% of them are stored in a inner plastic sleeve, that is inside the original paper sleeve, then placed in the original album cover, and then encased in an outter plastic sleeve. ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

Ahem... A rebuttal. Yes, I have uncountable CD's, and I love them. But I guess you are right for the general masses. BUT I thank the powers that be, that I can consider myself to not to be one of the "general masses", and the resurgense only justifies that I am not a total dinosaur. Actually, true audoiphiles never gave up on vinyl. No, I'm not in that very expensive stratosphere, but vinyl was NEVER surprassed at the true top end of the market. Part of this being that anything digital is a "sampling". Yes, there may be a sampling every X amount of times, but this means that there is always something lost in between the samples.

OH, and I have several typewritwers too. One from the 20's. and another one from the 30's . No, I don't use them, but they are very cool.

Did you buy them all in 2010 like that, or did you do the extra packaging?...Holy cow...Rock n Roll...I still have albums....a few w/inner art work inc. a ringo album w/a whole  set of trippy art pics I got at good will in real good shape.

No caseyji, These are all vintage albums. Except for a few I have picked up over the years at flea mkts, and garage sales. But I am so picky about condition, I don't pick many up that way. I will occasionally pick one up in rough condition if the cover is in better condition than what I have.

The only "newer" ones I have are were all purchased about 10/12 years ago. There aren't well known the the general public. They are called picture discs. Some of the ones I bought back then, are vintage, (1940's Disney) but most of the ones I have are more current.

A picture disc, is a vinyl record, that has the album cover duplicated in full color, on the vinyl. There is a slight degradiation of the sound quality, but they are very cool. I have about 60+ of these albums. Again, most of the old ones are Disney, think Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs, etc. and these were actually produced back in the day. The vast majority of the ones I have are from the 70's and 80's. I have several Beatles, including SGT Pepper, Steve Millers Rock Of Dreams with the flying horse, Both of Meatloafs Bat Into Hell, and Back Into Hell, and so many more that I can't list. The Picture disc collector Is pretty small market I think, But I love them. I have them all packed away right now, but several years ago, I had a spare room where they they were all displayed. I took decorative uphostery tacks and pushed the tacks through the center holes, and had them all over the walls of the room. Like I said, Rock and Roll!!!

Hi TeeBub!  Glad to hear you are staying with your vinyls.  I've picked up about 150 different Stones albums over the years (more if I count issues from the Stone individually).  I like the sound too, and I don't mind the occasional pop, crackle or skip. 

You'll need a $15,000 laser turntable to play those albums.

ROCK ON TBD.......Fan here...Your collection sounds great....I used to look out for the vinyl records that came in colors..Red, blue, orange, yellow..you could see through them & when the light hit them they looked really pretty.......... I lost all my old records when I divorced (escaped) many years ago, so  I picked up around 100 old rock n roll albums from Good Will (I worked across the street & would shop on my lunch hours) about 10 years ago....I trip on em....even went on free-cycle & got a old belt driven turntable w/ good needle & played each one of them once. The turntable worked , but I had no sound so I had to get a special piece of equipment to get the sound from the turntable to my amp..I forget what that thing was called......The turntable is in a box now & the albums collecting dust in the back room. One of these days I will set it back up again & Rock n roll.
Me, in spite of what many people seem to think.

You obsolete?

Hardly!

Quinn wrote:

You obsolete?

Hardly!

I didn't get that, until Q responded. Glad you're not!
NO, you two... the question is, "What's NOT Obsolete?"!
sigh... P.A.- those girls, they just do NOT pay attention. ;-p

Surely the purpose behind those last few posts will be revealed forthwith....

.....hopefull encased in the English language. :=))

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service