TBD

TBD on Ning

Suggestions anyone?

Right now take-out Chinese sounds good. Except my favorite place doesn't deliver and I don't want to go out. In the heat. And the rain. And the Tornado warning.

Do you like Chinese food?

Views: 11844

Replies to This Discussion

Same as last night...not burned and sorta yummy.
A recurring theme, I see.

I just started Pork and Black Bean soup in the crockpot.

It makes a ton...all are welcome. Should be ready around 6:30ish ;-)

yummy Quinn!
Man, do I wish I lived somewhere close to you. Even semi close and I would make a drive for that.
I made scalloped potatoes two nights ago.  They sure didn't turn out like my mother's, but I'll warm up some more of them for tonight. 

I love scalloped potatoes!

I love all potatoes now that I think about it!

Enjoy

Yum!  I love 'em too!

Stir, I made some really good scalloped potatoes recently.

I buttered a casserole dish & pre-heated the oven to 350.

Then I sliced a bunch of red/new potatoes thinly & put about 1/3 of them in the casserole dish, sprinkled w/garlic salt & pepper; put in another 1/3, sprinkled w/garlic salt & pepper, put in the last 1/3, sprinkled w/garlic salt & pepper. 

Then, in a pot on the stove I made a roux:

I melted 2 Tablespoons of Butter, added 2 Tablespoons of Flour to it & mixed it up, then began slowly adding & stirring in milk until I had a gravy consistency.

I poured that over the potatoes in the casserole, dotted it w/butter & baked it for....

(can't remember how long... maybe about 40 minutes?)

Anyway, they came out GREAT.

I often make something very similar but I put onions in each layer. You must be feeling better d's to be talking about food.

Oh, yes, P.A.! How could I forget onions?! (have you noticed I almost always include onions in everything I make? '-)

I am feeling better, thank you. Fingers crossed it holds. D-man was sick w/it for several days; mine has only been since night before last, in the middle of the night, actually, til this morning, and I've been feeling noticeably better since.

hey, wait a minute.... P.A..... you cook?! I thought you NEVER cooked & ate out for dinner every night!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service