TBD

TBD on Ning

Suggestions anyone?

Right now take-out Chinese sounds good. Except my favorite place doesn't deliver and I don't want to go out. In the heat. And the rain. And the Tornado warning.

Do you like Chinese food?

Views: 11841

Replies to This Discussion

Yummy pork chop w/onion marmalade and a faked/baked 'tater.  Even had a bone to gnaw on.  :-)

Oh, onion marmalade sounds good.

fish and fries

Hmmm. Ok I'm gonna say it. I totally understand orgasmic popcorn, But....I'm curious about the difference between cured, and uncured wieners. Does it have anything to do with them being stragglers??

Tonight my sweety wanted to take me out so I didn't have to cook. I like to cook but it does get tedious. Anyay, we went to Applebees. She has some kind of shrimp pasta stuff, that she said was OK. I had a chicked something that was OK. We had a couple of beers on top of the food, but I don't think it was a $35  meal (with the tip). Hell, I can feed both of us for a week for that kind of money. Yes, there are leftovers that we will both get another meal, but it it would have made much more sense for me to cook at home.

I agree Kooner.  I have been working on projects out of town for the past two or three years.  The boss would give us a "per diem" and then always wanted to go to the higher price joints such as Applebee's.  We finally got him to go to a small joint right next to the motel for about nearly half the price.  He was surprised how good the food was.  Duh.  

I'm hankering some General Tso's. 

I prefer independantly owned restaurants as I'm not a fan of most chains, but we have a couple in the area that are very good--Capital Grill for steak and Bonefish Grill for seafood.

I am sure Bonefish Grill is a very good place but I ate at one in Franklin, Tennessee several years ago and got very sick afterwards. It probably had nothing to do with the food but I will alwas associate the two things.
I know what you mean PA, I won't eat at Sonic [not that it's necessarily worth eating at :-)]for that same reason

As I've mentioned many times.....I love the Ma and Pa restaurants, and I am saddened by their ongoing demise.  Good food or bad, I prefer a place where the waitress calls me "hun", and my order isn't punched in to a computer, and the bill comes with a thumb print of grease.

Just call me sentimental....

That just may be it.
Fried catfish, coleslaw, mac and cheese and strawberry shortcake.
I figure if I drink enough beer tonight, I MIGHT choke down the rest of the left over chicken from Applebees. I hate to throw food away, but I had a little bit of it for lunch today, and a trip through the microwave didn't improve the taste. Or the texture.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service