TBD

TBD on Ning

Suggestions anyone?

Right now take-out Chinese sounds good. Except my favorite place doesn't deliver and I don't want to go out. In the heat. And the rain. And the Tornado warning.

Do you like Chinese food?

Views: 11847

Replies to This Discussion

Don't really KNOW what's for dinner today - Having Thanksgiving at my daughter's in-laws, and it's our first visit there. We're bringing The Infamous Pepper Dip, two White Chocolate Banana Cream Pies, Sweet Potato casserole and the Queen's potato casserole. Don't know what the hosts are servin' up.

Snagg , do you have a cookbook contract yet?

d's can I have your recipe for cranberry jello salad??

Absolutely!! Here ya go! 

Enjoy-

Cranberry Jello Salad

1 large box Raspberry Jello
1 cup gingerale
1 can crushed pineapple
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 cup chopped pecans

Drain pineapple, but reserve the juice.
Add enough water to juice to make 1 cup.
Bring juice/water mixture to a boil.
Add jello and reduce heat, and add gingerale, pineapple, cranberries, and nuts.
Stir until thickened.
Pour in baking dish and refrigerate until jello is set.
Enjoy!!!

....that's the actual recipe. I tweak it as follows-

- I make homemade cranberry sauce instead of using canned. I use half of it & have the other half as traditional cranberry sauce.

- I put a layer of sour cream in the middle of it as I'm pouring it up.

- I usually use walnuts, simply b/c pecans are usually too expensive for me.

....& you don't have to use the ginger ale, you can just use water if you'd rather.

MMMMMMMM THAT does sound good. All I have is cherry jello, the stores are all closed and there's some cranberry jelly left over from supper. More than I know what to do with. Ray brought the sweet little old lady next door a small plate and we found out that her son and his family couldn't make it because of the snow.

You can use Cherry Jello, Merry. See if you have some pineapple & walnuts or pecans in your cupboard & voila! - you got it! '-)

I make the same recipe too Deez, except I use whole cranberries. That stuff is delicious!!!

Oh, dinner tonight will be left overs because Dee works tonight, so we had Thanksgiving yesterday.

Blek...

HOW AM I NOT SURPRISED?!

Maybe you gave me the recipe last year, Teebs. :-)

Turkey, mashed and sweet potatoes, corn, brussel sprouts, dressing, Cole slaw(??), cranberry sauce. Assorted pies and cakes. It was very good. Especially since I didn't have to cook any of it :)

Questionable cole slaw??

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service