TBD

TBD on Ning

Suggestions anyone?

Right now take-out Chinese sounds good. Except my favorite place doesn't deliver and I don't want to go out. In the heat. And the rain. And the Tornado warning.

Do you like Chinese food?

Views: 11847

Replies to This Discussion

That would be perfect. '-)

Hiya, Jaylee! (((big hug))) I need a Jaylee fix. Come up for air every once in awhile, would ya?

Had that chop and Brussels sprouts tonight.
Tootsie Rolls for dessert.
How was it? Probably better tonight. (was it already cooked last night?)

I pulled it out of the oven just as she got here.....timing was perfect.

Left-overs were good last night as well. We traded the chicken for a salad and garlic toast made from the absolute best cheese bread in the world.

Yum!

Well, first I had leftover Italian sausage & red sauce on pasta.

That was earlier. Just now I was feeling a bit peckish, so I'm polishing off a bowl of cereal w/half a banana.

I've been cooking all night- my parents are coming through town tomorrow & are stopping for lunch.

I'm making White Bean Chicken Chili in the crockpot & banana pudding. mmm...

mmmbanana pudding sounds just right. How do you make yours?

I cooked liver with sauteed onions for the housemate and had gnocchi myself. Now I'm enjoying a cup of hot chocolate with the pellet stove going and all the hob goblins and ghosties  locked outside of the house in the cold. No wonder they're in a bad mood.

@ Merry's "How do you make yours?"

I use Jello Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding w/whole milk, preferably, and an extra half capful of Vanilla extract. I let it cool, then refrigerate for a couple hours to set up well.

Then I layer Arrowroot cookies (I have Celiac Disease, so I can't use Vanilla Wafers, which I used to love),

not mushy, but quite ripe bananas & the vanilla pudding until it's all used up. mmm mmm good!

Well, yesterday, when I was at the greasy spoon having breakfast, I overheard the proprietress say that she had made up a batch of cabbage soup for lunch, what with it being Fall Festival Day in our little town.  I knew I wouldn't be back there for lunch, and I went about my business for the rest of the day, which included visiting  my mother, and then spending the rest of the day holed up at my place.  It was a cold, windy and rainy atumn day, ya see, so home was a nice place to be.

The rest of the day, I kept thinking about that cabbage soup, though.  It sounded really good, so this morning, when I went back the the greasy spoon for breakfast, I asked if there was any left.  I was informed that there indeed was, so I then asked if I could get a portion to go, for lunch later on today.  I was presented with a very large container of it, and I didn't know what to pay, so I gave $4.00.

Around noon, I opened that soup container, and there was a HUGE amount in there.....potaotes, ham, cabbage, carrots and celery.  I heated some up, and it was really, really good!  I mean to say it was excellent!

So, while I'm typing this, I'm also heating another, bigger serving for supperdinner.  Hey, there's no law against having two meals of the same food on the same day!

Tuesday, when the greasy spoon reopens, I'm gonna drop off the washed, empty container, and leave a little more money.   That was a LOT of good soup, I gotta say!

Now, if you'll excuse me.......

You'r excused.

Nothing compares to small town living....:-]

I make a darn good bean/ham hock soup

Making the old reliable, crock pot beef stew.  Its smelling purty darn good right now!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service