TBD

TBD on Ning

Suggestions anyone?

Right now take-out Chinese sounds good. Except my favorite place doesn't deliver and I don't want to go out. In the heat. And the rain. And the Tornado warning.

Do you like Chinese food?

Views: 11847

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I got out of work early today.....about 2:30PM.  It was too early to think much about an evening meal, so I went on home directly.  I took a bicycle ride, and mostly occupied myself with mundane things around the house until about 5:00, when I started getting hungry.  I decided to drive back in to town and get a pizza.....after all, I have been eating a lot of lettuce this week.

After I ordered my pizza (in person...thats my style), I wandered down to the town marina.  There's not much going on there this time of year, just a few unattended boats on a warm autumn day.  I ambled out to the very end of the l-shaped pier....the water was so calm I could see right down to the bottom on both sides of the breakwall.  It was nice there.

As I walked back to collect my pizza from the pizza place, I decided to also continue on to the grocery store to pick up a Coke and potato chips.  Thus armed, I returned to the marina, and had supperdinner at a picnic table looking out over the water. I also noted the red, orange and yellow clothed trees along the shoreline.  This time of the year, if we get a balmy early summer-like day, it is really a gift....its like stealing something and not getting caught.

The pizza was pretty good...I ate my fill and took my leftovers back to the car.  I noticed, across the marina parking lot, that there were a few people milling around Bob the Boatbuilder and his partially constructed Mackinaw Boat.  Its set up on a grassy plot next to the boat launch.

So I walked over there to see what was going on.  B the Bb arrived sometime this summer, and set up his partially framed  boat, presumably with permission from the village.  I've exchanged pleasantries with B the Bb several times at the greasy spoon, but I can't say as I know much about him.  The last time I saw him there he was really complaining.  Apparently, the village had now informed him that he would need to move his construction site off their land.  I don't know much of that story....there most likely is another side to the story.

Anyway, B the Bb gave me his usual friendly greeting and told me its about time I brought my tools down there to help him.  I remarked that I'd be more comfortable using power tools, and he kind of winced...his project is one of hand craftmanship.

B the Bb was also talking to a guy who stated that he was from Germany, and was touring around the U.S.  He was a friendly dude, and we three chatted for a few minutes...pleasant, mostly superficial talk, the kind people sometimes engage in when they meet in chance encounters. 

B the Bb's wife then showed up to collect him, and our little chat ended....we all went our separate ways.

I made one more stop, at my mother's place.  We caught up on family news, and I headed on home.  The pizza run had taken a little longer than anticipated, but it took longer in a nice fulfilling way.  My belly was full, and my mind was content.  Thats a nice feeling. 

Another pleasant  little slice of the pizza/life from our Stir.

" This time of the year, if we get a balmy early summer-like day, it is really a gift....its like stealing something and not getting caught."

Yup....great slice of life.  Thanks Stir..you done good.   :-)

George and I had leftover beef roast and veggies tonight.
Well, last week I ate a fair amount of greenery, so today, at about 4PM I stopped into the new bar and grill and got chicken strips and onion rings, and a designer cola.  I must admit, my Grease-O-Meter went into the red zone after that meal.  I just finished a pear and a peach, which hopefully may offset a little of the harmful effects caused by the earlier consumption.

"Prolly not but I am your usual bit of reality  check...:-)

Had a FB pizza w/ranch.  Rather yummy...Yes, my caloric meter went up on that one...

I do not practice what I preach....so there.

Its back to work tomorrah!   I'll probably eat a little more healthy for a couple of days.

Or not.....

I made oven fried breaded pork chops. Not the healthiest thing i cook. First I slather a cast iron skillet with crisco. Then I dredge the chops through miracle whip (don't like real may) then crust them with smashed potato chips. (tonight's even had some crunched up cheese doodles) Cooked at 350 for 20 minutes, and flipped and cooked for another 10. They come out nice and crunchy, and the miracle whip keeps them moist. 

Oh, and we had ah healthy wild rice blend on the side. 

late lunch/early dinner: Italian sausage & mac & cheese.

I gotta go grocery shopping so I can resume eating some healthy food!

Curried rice junky here. This stuff is like crack, I can't get enough. I'm almost out of curry powder and I don't think that they sell it at the grocery store here in Mooseland. Thank goodness for Steve Jobs and the internet.
My late lunch/early dinner didn't hold me over. When I got home from grocery shopping I had a bowl of cereal w/half a banana sliced onto it.
I briefly considered a salad, but instead settled on two hot dogs in cheap buns covered with the famous "rosy beans", and served with a few potato chips.  Dessert was two small peaches (its the end of the line for this year's local crop), and two smallish local pears.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service