TBD

TBD on Ning

Suggestions anyone?

Right now take-out Chinese sounds good. Except my favorite place doesn't deliver and I don't want to go out. In the heat. And the rain. And the Tornado warning.

Do you like Chinese food?

Views: 11847

Replies to This Discussion

I like grapes, but I don't know about pie???
Were the grapes sour?
CONCORD GRAPE PIE  

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1837,157190-241204,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
3 1/2 c. Concord grapes
1 c. granulated sugar
4 tbsp. flour
1 1/2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. lemon juice
9 inch pie shell, (recipe follows)
Streusel topping (recipe follows)
Wash, drain and stem grapes. Remove skins and simmer pump for 5 minutes. DO NOT add any water to pulp. While hot, press pump through a sieve (or food mill) to remove seeds. Combine strained pulp with skins. Combine sugar and flour; add to grapes. Blend in lemon juice and melted butter. Pour into pie shell and cover with streusel topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
PIE SHELL:
2 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 c. shortening
5 tbsp. cold water
Mix flour and salt in bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until pea - sized chunks form. Sprinkle in water and mix until it will form a ball, DO NOT OVER MIX. Divide dough into 2 parts. Roll out thin onto floured surface or between wax paper. Press into pie plate.

Makes 2 crusts.

STREUSEL TOPPING:
3/4 c. flour
1/2 c. granulate sugar
1/3 c. melted butter
Send me a slice...
I have rosemary growing in a pot outside.
T.G.I. Friday's Buffalo Wings, from the frozen food section at my local grocer's.  Uh....these really weren't very good. 
I tried the BBQ chicken nuggets during a special the mkt had running & they were ok in a pinch, better than I expected.. edible.....Not sure I would have tried the wings though.

Caleb and I are going to Ruby Tuesday. Stir and Olivia, you should come with us.

me too, it probably will take Stir a while to get here.

Corn and potatoes are my main veggies, Kooner.  Salad, to me, means potato salad.  YUM!
Yum is right..Love potato salad.
Go ahead and order for me, P.A.  Light on the greens, tho!
Want a beer with that, O.H. and I will be having several before you get here.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service