TBD

TBD on Ning

Americans would shell out as much as $5,700 more a year if the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire at the end of 2012, according to a new analysis that highlights the perils and political consequences of the nation's fiscal cliff.

The second link has map of states with average tax from one year extension of Bush tax cuts. Texas ranks #19 with $2,229, New York is #2 with $5,452.

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/bush_ta...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bush-tax-cuts-end-cost-181220449.html

Tags: Bush, tax

Views: 352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well that's really odd, because Gates did not work one day in Portland, and no one owned a suite and tie at the office in Seattle's East Side.

It's Portland, Oregon buddy.

I could tell you more about Gates... (funny things)

I don't want him after me.

Yeah, I got that the first time you mentioned that the county imposed a surtax on those making more than 300K. Intel has no plants in or near Portland, Maine. So, yes, Gates has never worked anywhere near your Portland or any other Portland for that matter. It started out in New Mexico, then it moved to Bellevue, Washington, and then to Redmond, Washington. I also don't think you have to worry about him coming after you.

1. In the fall of 1970, Gates & Allen, and their friends Ric Weland and Kent Evans (killed in a hiking accident in 1972), get access to a PDP-10 in Portland, Oregon, and agree to write an accounting program in COBOL in exchange for free computing time. Gates & Allen finish the project on time in June 1972 (Allen was in college by then - WSU at Pullman).

I see that you copied this verbatim from voteview.com, which is fiction based on a misquote from a Gates interview.

Reality is that this particular job started out in November of 1971, not in 1971, and that the work was not done in Portland, but at the University of Washington campus, in Seattle, and and end was put to it, when one of the professors discovered the kids "playing" on the computer (Gates was 16 at the time). Gates and Co. never made any money on it. Even if he wanted to work in Portland in 1970 (if you believe your timeline), I don't know how a kid who had just turned 15 would be commuting between his private high school in Seattle and his job in Portland. Does that make any sense to you?

BTW, the web site you copied this from misspells his name. It's Weiland, not Weland. I am curious though why you would be investing so much time creating fiction when there's absolutely no need for it.

I worked there.

How else can I prove it?

I don't have my timecard (won't) tell you who I worked for.

I'm not sure of the timeline and that was close.

Oh: Our computer club called me an expert in CP/M programming.

End of hints.

The subject of the discussion is:

What if Bush tax cuts expire?

let's not make it personal.

Not getting personal, just pointing out that the story is fiction. You're right, the topic is the Bush Tax cuts. Let's start separating fact from fiction.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service