TBD

TBD on Ning

Americans would shell out as much as $5,700 more a year if the Bush tax cuts are allowed to expire at the end of 2012, according to a new analysis that highlights the perils and political consequences of the nation's fiscal cliff.

The second link has map of states with average tax from one year extension of Bush tax cuts. Texas ranks #19 with $2,229, New York is #2 with $5,452.

http://taxfoundation.org/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/docs/bush_ta...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bush-tax-cuts-end-cost-181220449.html

Tags: Bush, tax

Views: 352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What I’m trying to say is we will have to tax everyone fairly and evenly.

Most of the Intel Tech’s make $300,000.00 per year. The tech’s are leaving Intel and this forces Intel to move as to keep their good employees.

De Lux ice cream said they are leaving the state because they can’t keep up with making (great) ice cream. And also they don’t have room to expand where they are. We have empty buildings all over this town. I sure think they have other reasons. Taxes?.

I also was told the State is giving new businesses a waiver as they do not have to pay a special tax if their employees make over $300,000.00 per year even though the voters passed the rule..

They have admitted that taxing the rich has about destroyed this state.

Anyone that makes $300,000.00 a year and can't live on what's left after taxes is just plain greedy and elitist. Let's quit giving these "tax dodgers" a place to run to. Then it will be fair.

Congress is not going to tax themselves.

Intel engineers make $300K per year? Engineers in the Portland area average about $62K per year: http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/Electrical-Engineer-I-Salary-Det...

Intel is spending $Bs building new facilities in Oregon, and Intel is increasing the number of jobs available in Hillsboro and Beaverton.

Hmm. You have packing plants, mushroom plants, and paper products companies, where your average worker makes more than $300K per year? Where do I sign up?

Average Intel workers make more than $300K per year? really? it's more like $80K for engineering jobs.

PS: if one doctor, specifically your wife's doctor left town, that does not translate into all doctors are leaving.

We have friends that work at Intel.

As far as the salery of the cannery workers, I don't know. But I'm sure the owner must make good money.

The mushroom factory left after a labor dispute.

A county offical (from another county) got into the litigation. They were so smart and nice when they left. They had an agreement with the county if they closed down the county had to tear down the buildings and clean up the property.

Us taxpayers paid the bill for them to leave. They never even said goodby or where they moved too.

I don't know city business but we are paying to clean up the Boise Cascades property. For some unknown reason they have to tear down the buildings?

So then, none of it has anything to do with the county's tax surcharge on those making more than $300K.

I moved this post.

I live in Oregon where the place is 99.9 liberal. Any new tax idea that came up they jump on it and pass it.

I don't know what EGTRRA means.

Do you really believe what you wrote?

If they tax the people making $250,000 a year, can you understand the next step will be to tax people that make $150.000. It will just get lower and lower after they get their feet in the door.

Plus it's none of my business if a guy has a mistress or a yacht. I used to watch Bill Gates when he was doing P-code and he never went to lunch or took a break. Tht's how you become rich. Work......

Last Doctor in my city left over 50 years ago still have Doctors office but no Doctor has come back in last 50 years.  But we have more cows than people in the city limits also.

Last year my cows wanted to leave Texas to find greener pastures. Millions of cows left Texas last year. Many a ranch in Texas cowless this year.

It is tax free underwear weekend again in Texas!

My cell phone company is telling me the FCC is considering increasing the Universal Service Fund fee on my plan by 1600 percent increase!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service