TBD

TBD on Ning

I seem to learn something new nearly every day. Sometimes it's something as simple as, 'Don't talk politics with the new coworker.' Or, 'Do not put the rubbing alcohol in the spot where the mouthwash usually sits.'

Today it was an interesting, but useless, piece of trivia. You're all familiar with the phrase, "Blowing smoke up his ass"? Did you ever wonder WHY someone would say that?

It seems that in the early 1800's there was a device called a tobacco smoke enema. Yep, you can guess how it was used.... They thought it was effective for reviving drowning victims, or relieving "stoppages". It wasn't, but it did spawn an interesting phrase at least!

So, what have you got - what did you learn today?

Views: 123

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Inspired by your question I learned a new word.....autodidact. Seems if you learned something today...on your own.... you are an autodidact.
HEY!!! I'm one of those!!!! Will that look okay on my resume'????
No one answered my e-mail at work so I just said 'f 'em....I'll figure it out myself and I DID!!!
Yea ME!!!!!
I learned how to re-configure a SQL database on the fly and put it back when I was done mucking around.
I'm in awwwwwwwe of you SG...even if I do not have any idea of what you just said...!
BTW, mucking about is great fun...;-D
Monday before last I learned sometimes you need to move your gut fast when a cows horn is aimed at it.
How have you lived to this ripe old age?
Motivated by buzzards(vultures) that follow me in circles around the farm.
This just screams for a "horny" joke!
ummmm......the whole cow...or just the horns? hehehehe

It was not Pru the cow. One of Pru the cows sisters. Pru the cow once picked me up with her horn hooked on my belt, serveral feet off the ground. Got to work and someone told me I had a hole in back of my pants. Pru the cow above.
I learned not to step on a bee that fell into my paint bucket. It made a big smear in the grass. Next time I'll let it die a slow paint full death.
Smile

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service