TBD

TBD on Ning

Shit Politicians Say...About Women's Rights

We'd hoped we'd heard the last of the insane comments from politicians about women's reproductive rights. But what started with Todd Akin's "legitimate rape" comment continued with John Foster's insinuation that the "rape thing" is not an excuse for abortion. Like Tina Fey said, "If I have to listen to one more grey-faced man with a $2 haircut explain to me what rape is, I’m going to lose my mind."

michael burgess Next
Rep. Jodie Laubenberg
"In the emergency room they have what’s called rape kits where a woman can get cleaned out" - Texas state Rep. Jodie Laubenberg, on why there shouldn't be a rape or incest exception in Texas' sweeping anti-choice bills.

Views: 135

Replies to This Discussion

I can't believe that anyone would vote for these dingbats........lol

But sadly they do.

the bimbo above was the person who introduced the new legislation in texas which has already passed the house to curtail abortions (all the while bleating about it being to improve the quality of the women's medical care). if the bill passes the senate and perry signs it, 37 out of 42 women's health clinics may close and at the very least they will stop being able to offer abortion as a medical choice..

Although Texas is just the latest of several conservative states to try to enact tough limits on abortions, the scope of its effort is notable both because of the combination of bills being considered and the size of the state. The proposal would ban abortions after the 20th week of pregnancy, require doctors to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals, limit abortions to surgical centers and stipulate doctors must monitor even non-surgical abortions.

When combined in a state 773 miles wide and 790 miles long and with 26 million people, the measures become the most stringent set of laws to impact the largest number of people in the nation.

"If this passes, abortion would be virtually banned in the state of Texas, and many women could be forced to resort to dangerous and unsafe measures," said Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Action Fund and daughter of the late former Texas governor Ann Richards.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/24/texas-abortion-bill_n_3488...

and the dipshit who sponsored the bill is a woman who thinks a rape kit is some magic douche to 'clean them out'....

"In the emergency room they have what's called rape kits where a woman can get cleaned out," she said according to Time, likening a rape kit to an abortion. "The woman had five months to make that decision, at this point we are looking at a baby that is very far along in its development."

Texas Rep. Jody Laubenberg (R-Parker)

must have been cause she went to those schools that just omitted all that nasty stuff like biology and physiology and anatomy

As to any surprise in the matter of abortion rights, this is the result of elections where the issue matters as to overturning   abortion as a procedure and otherwise involving reproduction as a moral issue not biological.  Which makes the use of facts, as much as matter of drama if not play writing in the invention of what happens and what does not happen and as to how that relates to moral, religion and ethics for the individual and the society.

These politicians represent a view point, not science.  And they are elected on the basis of these viewpoints by the voters of their districts that show up at the polls to vote.  As to legitimacy as to what they say or do, well, it is the result of the democratic process, there is no discrimination allowed as to what a person thinks when the vote, as been shown many times in the past, and well, in the future.  

viewpoint schmoopoint....seeing what these weasels spill out of their mouths leaves you with the choice of deciding whether they are lying devious fucks whose attitude is the ends justify the means or they are incredibly ignorant redneck morons who believe in the toothfairy and hate facts...either way they shouldn't be allowed off the leash

here's a great example...the vote for the texas abortion bill....

The final outcome took several hours to sort out.

Initially, Republicans insisted the vote started before the midnight deadline and passed the bill that Democrats spent the day trying to kill. But after official computer records and printouts of the voting record showed the vote took place Wednesday, and then were changed to read Tuesday, senators retreated into a private meeting to reach a conclusion.

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-abortion-bill-falls-challenge-080130212...

Idiots and morons are a protected political classification, as is the right to be stupid.

And yes, what a country.

And it's not just abortion.  Now Texas is jumping on yesterday's SCOTUS decision to push through voter I.D.  Surprise, surprise!  Who would have guessed it?

unfuckingbelievable!! rick perry will call a 2nd special session of the legislature since the abortion bill failed on the first one....a special session costs the taxpayers a ound 2 million dollars so all this cretins can firm up their reputations as staunch christians with their biblebase...and also might teach the women to stfu and get back in the kitchen

Male Fox News guest to female Democratic consultant: “Know your rol...

Bill Cunningham also asked Tamara Holder, "Are you going to cry?"

A finger-pointing political argument on Fox News Channel boiled over when a male conservative talk show host shouted at a woman to “know your role and shut your mouth.”

The man, Bill Cunningham, later asked Fox contributor Tamara Holder, “Are you going to cry?”

Fox on-air personalities on Friday were talking about the exchange on Sean Hannity’s prime-time show the night before. Commentator Juan Williams concluded that Cunningham “obliterated the line” of civil discourse in his argument with Holder. The two had been brought on by Hannity to discuss whether Attorney General Eric Holder — no relation to Tamara — had committed perjury.

Cunningham, sitting next to Tamara Holder in a New York studio, called her “one of the stooges of the left that will always be there to excuse away criminal behavior.” He said she had the “incurable fatal condition of liberalism that caused people like Eric Holder to be the consulary of Barack Hussein Obama.”

He was jabbing a finger at Holder, who returned the favor.

“I really hope that when you speak to a judge, you don’t point your finger in the person’s face the entire time,” she said. “Your finger does not make your point.”

Cunningham is a former assistant attorney general in Ohio whose wife is on the Ohio Court of Appeals. He hosts radio and television talk shows.

“Whose finger is in my face right now?” Cunningham asked.

Replied Holder: “Mine, because I’m telling you to shut up.”

“You shut up!” Cunningham said. “Know your role and shut your mouth.”

imagine...she was a single 19 year old mother and still managed to work her way through harvard law with honors...i bet she can remember more than two things at a time...i applaud that woman

and then you have the fricking village idiot.....who manages to not understand the structure of our government or the functions of the different branches...she almost makes sarah palin look smart....

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

She tries, she tries, Problem.  And you know, I think she has succeeded.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service