TBD

TBD on Ning

What is your reaction to President Obama's speech on the Treyvon Martin case?  Will it help or hinder race relations in this country?

http://news.yahoo.com/political-world-reacts-obama-trayvon-moment-1...

Views: 265

Replies to This Discussion

well again my 2 cents .. as the treyvon martin case unfolded the sandford D. A . said this is an unwinable case  .. we don't have any evidence to the contrary as to what happened .. and if we bring it to court we will lose .. all the evidence lined up as zimmerman said it would .. and yeah i'm sure some people will say thats because zimmerman planned it that way but the truth is way too many things had to line up as he said or his story would fall apart .. try as they might tho they couldn't ignore the evidence .. even tho the media tried to manipulate what he said by playin with the 911 tapes .. and even called in their expert to say it was treyvons voice when in fact they had no treyvon martin voice to compare it to . and when it went to court there was only one person who said that was treyvon cryin for help and that was sabrina fulton his mom .. his dad couldn't testify because he had already said it was not his son when he heard the tapes and not one but two sandford detectives testified to that .. his brother said well it might be .. but i'm not sure .. and everybody else said it was zimmerman beyond a shadow of a doubt .. about 9 of them i think it was .. includin a black lady who was zimmermans neighbor who had to testify from her sickbed via skype .. anybody see a pattern here yet ?? so a miscarriage of justice ?? nahh .. i don't think so .. the state failed to make their case because they had to use the evidence and not emotions to do so .. and lo and behold the sandford D. A . was right all along ..zimmerman was declared not guilty .. sharpton and jesse jackson and crump orchestrated the perfect plan to get zimmerman tried .. all they wanted was their day in court .. well they got it and they lost just like the sandford D. A. said they would .. so now they want another trial for civil rights violations from the federal gubment .. uh huh .. lets keep on doin this till we finally nail him for somethin .. lets give em 25 years for jaywalkin that night .. if he didn't jaywalk none of this woulda happened .. and now obama knows that a lot of people are out there driven by pure emotions ..and if this gets out of hand there will be some poor guys who have their heart in the right place because they feel like justice wasn't done but could get shot by the police or the national guard .. and why ?? because the president says its not right .. a statement like that gives weight to anything that might happen next .. kennedy on the other hand was sayin that the supreme court had ruled and it was the law of the land and wallace had no right to stand in the way .. .. different situations .. the law of the land has already ruled on zimmerman  .. NOT GUILTY ..  deal with it and go home .. just like the o.j trial .. i don't remember clinton sayin that trial was a miscarriage of justice .. 

I agree with you Frenchy.  The same thought came to my mind regarding the OJ case. When I voted for Obama, the color of his skin was never an issue, I voted for his intelligence and goals. His speech, to me, made it apparent that he views himself as a black man first, and a President of this country second.  Sad and divisive. 

I think if one has experienced first hand the things he says he has experienced, and if one has an external locus of control where he cares how others see him, it stands to reason that he can't separate his ethnicity from his being president.  I don't remember his saying the verdict was a miscarriage of justice.  I thought he was referring to what made Zimmerman go after Trayvon to begin with.

In my heart, and I know I am going to catch hell for this, I firmly believe people were intrigued with Obama, who really had no qualifications to be president other than his being a good speaker, BECAUSE he was black and the "dream" was coming true.  I don't call that racism, though. I call it a celebration of diversity.

Obumma a good Speaker ... Only with a Teleprompter in front of him ....

I can's feel sorry for Trayvon . I just can't .

But "Dubya" was an inept speaker even with a teleprompter in front of him and had a background of drug and alchohol use that made it clear he was in the positions he ended up in because he and his family had been wealthy and his father had been president. Former presidents of all corners or the political spectrum have said again and again that there is nothing that makes you ready to be president. President Obama has done a good job considering what went before, unneeded unethical, trillion dollar wars fought on borrowed money, a destroyed economic system, no plans for improving healthcare, and a list too long to address.

i gotta agree with you shadow .. i think dubya was the worst president i've ever seen .. of course i've only been alive since truman and i didn't see too much of him , but if i had the choice i'd rather have nixon back then dubya and i wasn't crazy about nixon either so thats sayin somethin .. and i don't think obama is terrible .. i just think he'd better be careful on this trevon thing thats all . i can understand him sayin he can relate to bein black cause he is .. but you can't assault somebody and say well i'm black so you have to understand how it is to be black .. i never went to black neighborhoods and beat up the first black guy who looked at me cause i was white . ever.. 

Lets examine that good speaker remark Wayne, why would anyone memorize an hour or even 15 minutes of a speech? I've given a few speeches in my time and I've always had to use notes, even when I know what I want to get across to the audience. The reason I used notes was to make sure I didn't miss a point I really wanted to make. To be a good speaker is more than memorizing. This president isn't stupid he went out and made something of himself. A lot more than other people did. He got elected twice with his speaking talent.

When you make remarks like that it doesn't help your image, just sayin.

When it comes to Obumma i like my image ...I despise the man ...

a reasoned response.....tell us which policies you particularly think are erroneous and how you would implement changes...

tick tock and no answers...so i guess we know where that came from ....there was a remark the other day about thinking thru your comments. if you don't want to do that, perhaps you might confine them to reminiscing about outhouses and timing farts and flatulence in general

Notice that the protests are peaceful and did not draw too many people.  No matter how the media and the firebrands wanted to whip this up into a purely racial issue, it did not work.

Rodney King made people angry because they saw white cops beating on a black guy.  Here, the facts were just not the same. Everything that happens between black and white and Hispanic and whoever is not racism.  It's just events occurring, and this case had lots of unfortunate events and poor decisions that led to death.  Sad, really.

so far so good cresty .. lets hope it stays that way .. but as time goes on and they see the justice dept don't come forth with any new charges against zimmerman it could get ugly .. remember when rodney king happened there was no internet or text messegein or twitter or facebook .. shit can go viral so much faster now .. and you got al sharpton on the sidelines thinkin this thru as to what to do next .. and he ain't the type to let an opportunity like this go by .. 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service