TBD

TBD on Ning

The Infamous Forum's Check-in Comment Wall Thread Thingy ;-p

I was wondering.... can our Forum have a Comment Wall beneath the "Discussions" & "Games" categories? Sometimes I don't want to play a game or participate in a particular discussion at the moment, but would like simply to check in & say 'hi.'
I used to have that kind of camaraderie in the Daily Grind, but it's a ghost town w/only tumble weeds now, to my disappointment. :-(

Tags: Comment_Wall, Forum_Group

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'll look at possibilities and see what they are.
Hi d's g, I'm just checking in to say hi.
Hello, d's girl, all's well here in the 'Burgh! :-)

You guys are so darned cute - thanks, TeeBubbaDeeGeePee & Goldilocks - you just make my day! '-)
okay, TeeBubba, you're squushing me.

Maybe we can do like Robbie did on the "Where's the Random Thoughts" Thread? thread & make THIS THREAD our Check-in Wall! '-)
Squushing is what I do best.
I luv it. '-)
d's girl, exactly what is it you are looking for? I deduce you want a thread under Forums at the same level as Games and Discussions where members just stop by and say hello. Would you want that sorted in reverse chronological order?
ummm.... no. I was thinking of a Comment Wall, like other groups have. But now I"m just tryin' this out as a Check-in thread. Whaddaya think?

Let's not continue to draw any more lines in the sand...it serves no useful purpose. There was a rather heated discussion the other night that was withdrawn by its initiator because it dissolved to harsh words...no good came of it (but it does make an interesting read as I have saved it).
Now as far as starting up a group with a name that was used before and withdrawn by a member/monitor leaving the site, I say it's up for grabs...trademarking is expensive and a rather silly result to what I see as a 'turf war'.
I am sad to see "Welcome Lounge" not used as it was intended...it was a great fun place on TBDv1...I think the format of Ning leaves something to be desired....
IMOHO.....
Well, Jaylee, the Daily Grind at the original tbd was my very first o/l social network & it is very near & dear to my heart. I had left it for quite some time, & when I returned to it here, recently, it was a mere shadow of itself, and is now all but gone. Shall we begin an effort to revive it? Shall THAT become our check-in community once again? I'm game if there's a few others to throw in their support. I'd LOVE to see the Daily Grind thriving again! LET"S DO IT! Let's get our butts over there & put on a pot of coffee. And some tea for the tea drinkers. Hell, it's almost midnight, let's bring out the Scotch. Beer. Wine. Soda. Okay, a cup of Chamomile for whoever wants it. I know, it's late tonight, but for those who read this, let's try it, shall we? Stop over there, pull up a chair. Spend a few minutes over a cup of coffee. I'll commit to stepping in in the mornings before 9am est & in the evenings, after supper/before bedtime. Maybe we can breathe life back into the place & make it the hopping social hub it once was. Let's hear it for The Daily Grind! (it's in the Welcome Lounge for those of you who need directions)

There is a comment wall there too.....It would be nice if the tab for the lounge could be in a different color....it's easy to miss....
Gotta go dear friends.....nite nite...sleep tight....
Good morning, all. I don't know WHAT has possessed me to invest time & energy in this, but I want to see if The Daily Grind is revivable. So if you're so inclined, please mosey over there & use it as a way to check in w/your friends here in addition to our carryings-on over here.
Go ahead... pull up a chair... set a spell. '-)

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service