TBD

TBD on Ning

After a few days here. I like many, are still trying to figure out the best way to use this site and make it feel like home.
I have noticed a few cumbersom things as I am sure others have. This is not a complaint thread but hopefully one that we can be positive and come up with some good ideas and help other as we do.
One of the first things I have noticed is there is a group for about every ten people. This makes it hard to follow activities. Maybe as we go along and we see a lack of activity in some groups we can thin them. I am sure there is some duplication.Again not complaining just saying simpler is better and there obviously aren't as many people here.
Then I noticed the forum tab seems to function as the recent activity area on the original site, though it doesn't post group threads. It seems like a good place for new posts that don't really fit groups and you want the general populist to respond. It's not perfect but I think we can make it work.
If you have more ideas please post them but lets do try to keep them positive. As you can tell I also miss spelll check.
I hope this finds everyone well.
My Best
Bull

Tags: Improvment, TBD

Views: 28

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally agree,imagine that, I wonder how we can get that done?
The "gossip block" almost amounts to the alerts that generated so much
dissent on the original site.
I had thought maybe a " Members Wish List" would be a nice place to post suggestions for Robin. That way when she gets a chance she could check it out and see if presented ideas were able to be implemented. She can't please everybody all of the time, but the more agreed upon ones she could certainly do something about. Just an idea.
That's kind of what I hoped this thread would turn into.
Sorry Bull, I guess that is what this discussion is about...brain fart!! :-) I'm watching "Are you Smarter Than A 5Th Grader" while clicking around TBD. LOL
Are you winning?
I beat Starr Jones and Jack Hannah...Don't know if that's winning LOL!!
Should I be impressed?
DD
I agree with you, all I was hoping for is some direction, so that we as a group can make this what we want. I have no idea where to find what we might use or find the help we could use.
As I said in the post I am trying to be positive and hope it hasn't come across as anything else.
I have nothing but respect for Robin, if she could point us in the right direction that would be helpful.
We can just ask her. She has a life, but I would like to believe that she is still here in some sort of capacity. She did bring us all here to be together, and she was as much a contributing member as anybody.
Just like a Sister that lives too far away... :-) (((HUGS))))
So what I am hearing is if we could replace recent activities with recent discussions or even just add them. Also a way to follow friends discussions? This seems to be what most are wanting. So we just have to figure out how to get there.
OK, I just noticed something kind of cool. When you are in a discussion, if you click on the person's name, it takes you to all of the recent discussions that they have replied to. This lists more that just what is listed on their personal page. I hope that helps.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service