TBD

TBD on Ning

So here we are looking around, taking a peek... hanging out.

On some thread a bit ago, some one said how annoying the FB was with all the trivial updating goings on.

Personally, I don't think my daily updating is all that interesting but some times I really feel the need to share.  My kitties don't give a whit and the bird...well, he lives in his own world.  His updates would mostly involve "lived another day"..."got some of that shredded stuff again (cheese)"  etc.

Mostly, I have you fine folks to droll on about my meager existence and occasional moments of wonderful.

So, here you go...Keep it brief...mundane with a bit of intrigue.

Tags: adventures IRL, just livin', let's bug Bob

Views: 16189

Replies to This Discussion

A modicum of decorum ........................?

We don't need no stinkin' decorum.......

What will Mother Fredelma say?????

Finishing coffee. Heading upstairs to work.
Exciting, I know :)

The library/ thrift store / book saga continues............... The latest is that the books in the thrift store have been taken to the dump. The library was willing to take some of them. Also give some of their books to them. Now the head librarian is talking about selling books that are out of circulation on Amazon. Basically the dust is still clearing. Hard to tell the ultimate outcome. On a lighter note a mystery children's book with illustrations by Jamie Wyeth was found in the drop box. I'm hoping that donating to the library becomes a popular idea and more mystery books pop up.

That breaks my heart to think of all those books being trashed :(

Don't worry Quinn, I grabbed the lion's share of the best books. Taking the books to the dump reflects poorly on the judgement of the person in charge. Not to mention that penalizing the entire community proves that what my friend the manager of the thrift store was dealing with. I thought about it and realized that the Church screwed up and really punished themselves this time.

WOW! (As you know, Jamie's dad is my fave artist)

It's called Sammy and the Sky. They are really thrilled to have the book possibly go into the collection. Especially since Jamie Wyeth's family are Mainers. Secretly of course I hope that Stephen King will swoop in and sign something and raise a ton of money to save the day since the rate of unemployment is so high in our town. I just got a book of post cards done by N. C. Wyeth and they are gorgeous! Have a large, fat book with Andrew Wyeth's work in it. And I think it has an interview with him too.

Did I ever tell you that there is huge Wyeth museum near me?

Great museum, beautiful picnic grounds.

I've been to Christina's World , here in Maine as a youngster. Sounds soothing your museum.

I'm back from the city now.  We came through some snowing on the trip home, but nothing serious.  There's some snow on the ground here at the house, and I'm glad I got my yard care done when I did.  There'll be some more family business to take care of tomorrow morning, and then things should settle down some.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service