TBD

TBD on Ning

well you probably know my dog died a few weeks ago and my other dog has been pretty much broken hearted too .. so a couple of days ago i got another dog .. for my other dog .. he's still a puppy . his name is rosco .. and he's a real sparkplug .. just goes and goes .. but he's got a good personality for a dog .. my only question is .. so what kinda dog is this anyway ?? anybody have any idea's please let me know .. of course we can only guess .. 

Views: 274

Replies to This Discussion

the lady i got rosco from had a chihuahaua and she said it was always bitin rosco and i told her i never liked them little ankle biters .. i think she was a little offended but its how i feel about them.. i do think they are so inbred that they're like little rubber bands that are stretched too tight .. and they snap real easy .. cocker spaniels too .. they bite a lot of kids .. i do think a lot of it is how the dog is raised .. but some dogs just have bad dispositions and can't be trained to not be mean .. rosco is headstong but not mean .. and shibu inu is a pretty rare breed around here so it makes me wonder if he could be .. i guess anything is possible tho . and a basenji don't bark and he can bark . he can really bark .. sounds a lot bigger than he is too .. the lady also had a min pin . or a minuature pincher  and he looks a little like that but the coloring is all wrong .. so he might have some dobie in him somewhere too .. maybe dobie ,pit and shibu ?? he has that shibu kinda attitude .. eeeeee.. i dunno .. 

I was looking at the picture of rosco and your other dog together...looks like they could be related...the ears, the coloring, the body shape, tail etc. He doesn't have the tufts behind his back legs or the tail...but then he's younger too. I don't know much about dog breeds....looks like they kinda go together to me.

Frenchy, you said you like to sit on the deck and watch the dogs playing.  How I miss that.  I can't tell you how often I would just watch and smile at my two playing.  I always say that I had joy literally built into my day during those times.

One is not enough.  What to do, what to do.....

get another dog cresty .. its good for your soul .. some people like to fall asleep to the sound of the ocean or the forest so they'll get a cd and listen to it and it will calm them .. nice to do yoga to and bring your blood pressure down too.. well i think watchin your dogs just play can have that same effect .. they don't have to do any fancy tricks .. saw a dog on david letterman and he could ride a bike .. i wonder if that dog enjoyed it as much as his owner did ?? i doubt it .. just lettin them be dogs .. runnin and playin is enough for me ..

and vicki they do look a little similar but not as much as you'd think .. lemme see if i have another pic of the two of em   

My big dog always slept under my bed for 14 years.  I used get comfort from those last few moans and snorts he would make before he settled down and fell asleep.  My dog now sleeps in another room.  I guess she deferred to him on that issue. 

My husband is going to seek you out and punch you in the face!!!!  He says NO MORE DOGS, but I know that if I bring another one home, he will be happy for me.  I have to wait until the weather is a little warmer.  I had to dig out a path in the foot of snow in the back yard so that my dog could pee today, lol. 
She tried to negotiate, but she is only about 40 pounds and had a hard time with the high snow.

ehh.. won't be the first time a husband wanted to punch me in the face .. i'm used to it .. so its ok .. so you're gonna get another dog then cresty ?? lookit me eggin you on here .. he probably should punch me in the face .. i'm so bad sometimes .. and i can't help it either .. 

Rosco is a beautiful Mutt, that means he is a mix that will probably not have health problems. He looks to me to be part hunting dog of some sort with a bit of shephard, might be 4th generation but I would guess his mother was a short haired dog and the daddy may have been bigger. I don't see any Pitt in him. Pitts have a very wide head and shorter snout. His paws are small also.

We had a dog once that looked like a wolfhound she was tall with ragged looking fur. We later found out she was half standard poodle and half doberman. She was the best dog we've ever owned, never did anything wrong and everyone loved her. My husband told people she was a Karilian Wolfhound, (made up) because we kept being stopped and asked what she was. They would say Oh I've seen pictures of those. ha ha.

This is a Denmark Fiest purebred, paws and ears are close.

wow lifey thats rosco pretty much .. you can't see it but rosco does have some white on his chest but not a lot .. but the face and ears ?? thats him .. you nailed it .. now i have to lookup the breed and see what the standards are .. i'm sure rosco probably ain't a pure breed but he looks pretty close from the pic .. 

well he's already bigger than the standard for the breed but not by much .. he may not get a lot bigger .. or maybe he will .. time will tell .. but except for the coloring thats pretty much him .. his ears are a bit more errect but not that much . but the coat is the same .. i can't see the tail but rosco's curls up and i dont think this feist dogs does .. and while his paws aren't enormous it looks like he still has some growin to do .. the mystery has been solved .. rosco is mostly feist .. which is where the word feisty comes from .. and that definitely does describe him .. he is feisty .. 

Barger Stock Feist, I would say your Rosco is a feist of some sort.

if you let dogs breed back and forth over a couple generations those breed characteristics often disappear since they were recessive traits that humans selected for...thus you end up with a generic dawg...like you see all over the world in places like asia and africa...thoi this one could be a French Mal de Mutt....a very very rare breed only found in one place in florida

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service