TBD on Ning

I couldn't find it. Let's do it again.

Tags: thinking

Views: 8653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dr Pepper has no ".".

I don't think it has any pepper either.

It is rumored to have some prune juice in Dr Pepper.

No, No, No

Dr P has lizard spit in it.

Oddball Pepper fact: The period after the "Dr" went missing in 1950 when the company changed the font used to write the name. When presented in this new style, the lower case "r" consisted of a small slanted line with a dot at its upper right. Well and good, but when a period was trailed after that new-fangled "r", the period and the r's dot seemed to form a colon and alter the "r" into an "i". With the period there,  looked like  The solution was to drop the period. 

The font has changed again since then, but the period remains AWOL. 

I was told at Dr Pepper Museum in Waco, Dr Pepper never had a period.  Dr Pepper is an older company than Coke.

Hmmm, Just something I pulled off the web Aggie. I'd probably go with the museum's version. 

Hmmmm, again Aggie. Just Googled "original Dr Pepper", and this popped up. (with an .")

here is the web page: http://www.houstonculture.org/tour/texas6a.html

And here is the image showing the ..

At 10, 2 and 4

Dr Pepper is a Texas original. The soft drink was invented in a Waco Drug Store and Fountain in 1885, one year before Coca-Cola.

Dr Pepper caught on quickly in Waco, where it was first requested in stores by the name of the town. The origin of it's name "Dr Pepper" is not clear. There are several colorful anecdotes on the subject.

The drink was introduced to the world at the 1904 World's Fair in St. Louis, along with the hamburger and ice cream cone.

Dr pepper was said to offer an energy boost when consumed at the appropriate times of the day, 10, 2 and 4.

The tasty cherry and amaretto mix is still made with Texas pure cane sugar, as the original recipe called for, at the Dr Pepper bottler in Dublin, Texas. People come from outside the state to stock up on the original Texas original.

The first site to bottle the soft drink, the Dr Pepper Bottling Plant in Dublin is open for tours and has an old-time soda fountain and museum. The historic building in the center of town is at 103 E. Elm.

And, be sure to visit the Dr Pepper Museum in Waco.

Dr Pepper was purchased by an English company called Cadberry.  The Dublin Bottling Plant was retained by former President of Dr Pepper but also since sold and no longer bottles with pure cane sugar.

If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain whales?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service