TBD

TBD on Ning

I couldn't find it. Let's do it again.

Tags: thinking

Views: 8653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

whats a snickerdoodle ?

Oh, my gosh, Beth - go find yourself some snickerdoodles! They're cinnamon cookies. They're yummy. My step-mother made a gluten free batch for Ducatiman & me last Christmas & I ate them until I was so full I was sick! ;-p

She couldn't find the gluten free mix this year, so she made chocolate chip-walnut instead. :~/

Last Sunday, we took my dear old mom to a local church so she could attend the christmas cantata that they put on every year. It's a new megachurch, with a community center, daycare, lobby,landing strip, diamond mine, a huge stage, swimming pool-sized videoscreens and all of that stuff.

It reached a point where the whole place was singing "O Come All Ye Faithful" - the choir, the congregation, the orchestra oompah-ing along, my mom's happily clapping her hands and I''m checking my watch, thinking "It's only once a year, it's only once a year" - And, out of boredom, I start reading the lyrics as they scroll across the videoscreens.

Okay. You know how you can read a lot faster than you can sing ? (Not that I was singing, but...) Anyway, I'm zipping through the lyrics, I'm four or five stanzas ahead of everybody else, and I plow into this couplet:

"True God of true God, Light from Light Eternal,
Lo, he shuns not the Virgin's womb;
Son of the Father, Begotten, not created"

Now, I'm no expert on christmas hymns, but that was a new one on me. I'm thinking, "O-Kayyyyy, that's something you don't hear every day" when the rest of the house catches up to me.

They'd all been singing, quite normally and clear as a bell, the earlier parts of the song:

"O hie, ye believers! raise the song of triumph!
O speed ye, O speed ye! to Bethlehem hie!
Born there, behold the Infant King of Angels!
O come and let us worship
O come and let us worship
O come and let us worship the Lord our God!'

...just like they'd sing any other song, and they come to that line about "shunning the virgin" - And every single person in the house kind of lowers their voice and looks away from the screen and mumbles the entire line - "Lo! He shins nerf muh murmblim" - And then they all immediately finish singing the rest of the song, in a normal fashion, as if nothing had happened.

It was all I could do not to burst out laughing. They were all so embarrassed and hunched over in their private little worlds of repression and shame that nobody even NOTICED what they'd all done. They were all thinking, "Good heavens - I can't talk about Jesus' MOM that way. What if he's LISTENING ?!", and I'm thinking, "Yep, I'm in the Midwest, all right". Yeesh.

Hey Snagg!  So that's what adventures you been on!  Good to hear you enjoyed church :)

Snagg, it's heresy I tell you. The reason I stopped attending mass was because of the switch from singing hymnals in Latin to English. Leaves much more to the imagination.

Et benedictus fructus cooter , Jesus.

*Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.*

I wish that dvds of kung fu movies came with Latin as one of the language choices.That'd be fantastic.

Trust me, watch "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" in French some time. You won't be disappointed.

I thought a Snickerdoodle was a cross between

a slick licking/laughing Lab and a brown poodle.

ha ha haa haaaa, BethD!!  it is a silly word, i agree. You really must try one, especially if you like cinammon! 

hahaha.... very funny, Beth!

It only cost 775.00 to jackhammer a hole in the side of my house to fix a water leak. Guess I'm lucky it was in the wall and not under the concrete pad. 

That's a bummer of the cost.

At least the leak got fixed and there were no devious daffy Ducks down there.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service