TBD

TBD on Ning

I have heard it all now!!

President Obama plans to give a speech on CSPAN to be aired in the classroom next Tuesday, a speech encouraging kids to strive in school and to continue their education.

No big, right? Until you put it in the hands of Republicans/conservatives. People are actually threatening to keep their kids home from school to keep their kids from being "indoctrinated". Insane. OOOO, the President wants students to write letters to themselves telling how they can help the President.

I recall Reagan and both Bushes addressing students, TVs rolled into the classroom in order for us to hear the president address us. I remember having to write letters TO the President telling why we respected him. But that's different, right? Because those presidents were...?

Tags: Obama, education, president, propaganda, school, speech

Views: 47

Replies to This Discussion

Is that suppose to be the final word, "stun us all into silence" statement? I don't believe you. And if he is, well goodie for you, but that doesn't change the fact that you try to run over others with mockery, you're an uneducated oaf that is doing yourself, your husband, and your children a massive disservice by letting the GOP fill your head full of shit, and you seem extremely proud of it.

You made your best attempt at being a "buyllie" but you tried it with people who are tired of being polite to the criminally ignorant. So you turn around and call me one. Well, super, that means I'm getting right up on the same fighting level of you and yours.

So I guess it's high time we elitists started attending these town hall meetings and matching you hillbillies decibel per decibel. We need to start attending your tea parties and asking questions your speakers couldn't begin to answer without a lot of stammering.

We got Congress back, then we got the White House back. Now we need to step up and take the nation back. The age of "proud to be stupid" IS OVER.
You have my vote.
I'm in. How many votes does it take?
I think we have already won because all she can get is her and Judi
It does seem to have gone quiet. Do you think if Judi tries hard enough she'll come up with a logical reason to fret over the speech, or do you think she'll kill several braincells trying?
She will have to ask the Republican High Counsel what to say. That would pretty much just be everybody at faux news.
Your right he's not black. I just wanted to see what the next dumb come back would be on your parts. And you did what I figured you would. To think you call your selves grown ups. Your nothing more than teenagers showing their tail ends! You don't want debate you want it all your way. Well its not going to happen!
It's a new taste twist combination. The persecuted Republican. It takes somebody extra special to interrupt a real discussion with bullshit ala viral email.
Utterly pathetic. When I see honest debate I engage. When I see blatant lies and utter bullshit, I call it like I see it. What's the matter, does it suck to have a liberal play by your rules? Do you know how I knew you were lying about being married to a black man? Because no self-respecting black man would be married to anybody that is such an obvious racist. No self-respecting black man would consider any of your excuses as legitimate reasons to despise Obama at the levels you display.

And I consider being called a teenager a compliment, it's been many years since I was mistaken for one. Most teenagers I engage in discussion do a much better job of it than you do. I'm sorry if getting what you've been giving feels like you're being picked on. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
Judi...

Give me ONE logical reason for these people to be up in arms about Obama addressing students, and I'll recant my deduction that these concerned parents and administrators are just showing their true colors.

I know it's a challenge, but give it your best shot anyway.
Pickle, I don't even think the experts at FOX can spin it where it doesn't sound utterly ridiculous.

Anybody that thinks that he can brain wash millions of children with a speech on the importance of education, how we need to reduce the drop out rate, and by asking kids to write letters to themselves on how kids can help him (and themselves) improve graduation numbers has to be pretty soft between the ears already.

Bush and Cheney are out of office and the Age of Stupid is over.
I just figured Cynthia was typing with her Jack and Coke handy. Her spelling/typing did do a decline, it wasn't like it was persistent. Even an idiot can find the spell check, look at Judi's posts.

I'm sorry, that was just snide. I don't really believe Judi is an idiot, I just think she has some major trust issues in dealing with women, I think that's what drove her to align herself with whom she has. Her issues have given her the false sense of superiority, that she's the cream of the crop in regards to womankind.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service