TBD

TBD on Ning

Winter's coming....  for a few, it's already arrived, but here in the mid-Atlantic, it's just threatening, so far.  I'm not a fan of fall, because it means that winter lurks around the corner, but for now, the leaves are still on the trees ... most of 'em, anyhow!  and the weather's still tolerable w/o gloves and hat!

please stop by, help yourself to coffee or tea or a soft drink, and tell us how your day (or your week) has been, and catch up with the rest of us!  Thanks for hanging on to this discussion thread!

Tags: friends

Views: 211

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

i was pretty passionate in 2000 and again in 2004, to no avail; this time it was not passion as much as fear. 

i too struggle with FB angst, and those who either post sound bites or unsubstantiated stories and then get ugly when contravening facts are offered.  but i must not want to cease reacting, since i keep doing so.  it hurts that people i thought were dear friends turn out to have closed and shuttered minds, and that's not the same as having a different opinion than mine.

but what the nation truly does need is those legislators in Washington to finally show some willingness to work together instead of holding rigidly to positions so far from center that they've gridlocked government for 2 years now.  i hope the tentative conversations beginning to take place are the good omen they seem.

The mindset of some people not only puzzles me but disturbs me as well.  I have tried to avoid political conflict by limiting my FB time and activities.  I too hope there will be peace and cooperation from this point on in Washington.

We are in Sacramento, the weather is nicer than forecast, so far.  Gone on a couple of walks already and eaten too much.

yay!  have a wonderful time, oughta' be plenty of sun, there!  as for eating too much, just enjoy, you can go lean after you get home!

Good morning my friends. Going to get cooler here. Am on my way to community crisis responder training. Would much rather be sleeping. Have a day filled with love and laughter

good for you, signing up for that volunteer effort! 

but, hey, you could go back to working mondays and getting paid for it, instead?  tee hee....

have company this weekend, a friend and former colleague who's bringing her daughter for a visit to nearby college.  wishing i felt more excited about it, but perhaps as the weekend goes on, that'll pick up.

Good Sunday morning from still dark California.  We had a great day yesterday strolling down to "Old Sacramento", going through the railroad museum, and eating a late lunch at our favorite riverside restaurant.  Today we are walking across the street to Capitol Park for another long stroll and to have a closer examine of the rose garden, visit the war memorial, and tour through the hundreds of different trees.  Have a nice Veterans Day!

nice that you checked in from Sacramento, Richard, even if it was a the buttcrack of dawn!

my guests departed for the college by 9 am this morning, that's quite a bit earlier than i'm usually functional, so i see an afternoon nap in my future!  daughter will remain on campus overnite, mama will be back here for supper.

i'd forgotten how much teens chatter, and how important it is to them and how tedious is becomes to try and pay attention so as not to be rude, about trivial and inconsequential things like the several oriental rock bands she follows and her pokemon game and on and on and on.  today's silence is delightful!  some days i get tired of my own company, and i do go out and seek others, but after yesterday evening, it'll be a long while before i feel that need.  whew.

it's tuesday nite, obviously i've been negligent. i had company until monday morning, but that's no excuse....

getting cold tonite, coldest temps thus far, but i'm sure it'll get worse before spring.  sigh....

only a week until Thanksgiving!  hard to believe.  i have a restaurant reservation for the kids that will speak&gather, and will visit the other one beforehand.  i suppose i'm celebrating that my biological daughter is at least back in my life, but there are 15 tons of crap to work thru before she'll consider reconnecting with the other two, if ever.

wednesday nite, and i'm fried.  back2back conference calls today, and another 3 hours of "work" with more hanging over my head, but hallelujah, i won't have to dip into savings for December's bills!  yippee!  if i can be ... ummm ... "moderate" for Christmas gifts, i may enter the new year in passably good financial shape!

Richard, i hope you and Sharon enjoyed the remainder of your time in Sacramento!

Thalia, you've been on my mind for unknown reasons....

RRC --the young woman (the daughter) who visited this past weekend had told her mom (but won't ever tell her dad, how pitiful is that?) that she's bi-sexual.  my girl did that, nearly 20 years ago, and eventually decided she preferred women completely, but now is talking about marriage to a man, so i was able to suggest to this young woman that she just live her life and experiment safely and see where that takes her.  daughter still thinks she must marry a man in order to have children (again, a confirmed Catholic.) her father would reject her out-of-hand; the mother is quasi-rational about it, and i pushed her hard -- if her Roman Catholic belief system tells her she cannot attend her daughter's marriage to a woman, then would she please examine the fact that the world's religions are creations of man while her daughter is a creation of the G-d they both worship, and is she truly prepared to align with a man-made concept, against her beloved first-born?  **wipes eyes** i may never know how the story ends, but my virtual friends have contributed much to my understanding of sexuality, and i'll forever be grateful. 

Thursday morning.... here in Portland anyway.  The fog has lifted and it is a pretty nice day, currently 46.

Sharon and I enjoyed the trip very much.  The best part was doing things together over last weekend.  The weather was shirt sleeve warm with oodles of blue sky.  We had enough over the 5 days and are glad to be home again.

I'm glad it was a good trip, Richard!  sun and warm enough ... i hope that'll last you thru part of Portland winter!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service