TBD

TBD on Ning

A thread to ask whatever we're wondering about. 

I know we can do this individually in Q&A, but this thread can be akin

to Random Thoughts in Games, only queries.

Feel free to include the answer to your question, or not.

Tags: How do I...?, What is the difference b/t...?, When is...?

Views: 1980

Replies to This Discussion

How come McDonalds doesn't sell hot dogs?
A hot dog is probably one the fastest foods!

Someone gave me a turkey and so I am going to take the turkey to my sister. Is that considered flipping the bird?

"The history of  the middle finger"
[]
The History of the Middle  Finger
Well, now......here's something I never knew before, and now  that I know it,
I feel compelled to send it  on to my more intelligent friends in the hope that they, too, will feel  edified. 
Isn't history more fun when  you know something about it?

Before the  Battle of Agincourt in 1415, the French, anticipating victory over the  English,
proposed to cut off the  middle finger of all captured English soldiers.
Without the middle finger it  would be impossible to draw the renowned English longbow
and therefore they would be  incapable of fighting in the future.
This famous English longbow  was made of the native English Yew tree,
and the act of drawing the  longbow was known as "plucking the yew" (or "pluck yew").
Much to the bewilderment  of the French, the English won a major upset and began mocking the  French
by waving their middle  fingers at the defeated French, saying, "See, we can still pluck  yew"! 
Since 'pluck yew' is rather  difficult to say, the difficult consonant cluster at the beginning has  gradually changed
to a labiodentals fricative  'F', and thus the words often used in conjunction with the  one-finger-salute! 
It is also because of the  pheasant feathers on the arrows used with the longbow
that the symbolic gesture is  known as "giving the bird."
And yew thought yew knew  every plucking thing!

Well, thank you, Tee.  I did not know that!  ;-0

Thank you, I will remember that everytime I pluck a bird.

I'm tho sowry I loth  my lisp....:->

No. Never. Just like Mother's Day is always the second Sunday in May, and not an actual calendar date.

My question: Why are there never any actual answers for the member-photo roulette/brain teaser on the Main page ?

I have wondered about that too. Why don't we regulars get on there more often?

I think the one's that participate in the sex and political threads get all the attention....just sayin'.

Why does my neighbor across the street insist, at 3am, on playing his electric guitar on LOUD ?

"Keep on rockin' in the Q's world......"  ;-0

.....with apologies to Neil Young.....and Q.

Quinny, dear...The question is not, "Why so LOUD?", but "Is it any GOOD?"

Maybe the guy just GOES TO ELEBEN!

If you do not grasp this, then perhaps there are some questions about yourself (Like...*ahem*..."Age") that we'd all rather not think about. 'Cause it's, you know...a holiday.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service