TBD

TBD on Ning

HISTORY, SCIENCE ETC. QUESTION AND ANSWERS.

Pose a Question, Correct Answer, according to Questioner, gets to ask the next Question:

What Walt Disney TV series premiered on December 15, 1954?

Views: 2187

Replies to This Discussion

I'm impressed P.A. :-)   That is correct. Your turn now.

The Cattle Kingdom in the American West last only about 20 years. What was the reason for its beginning and what brought an end to it?

Farmers began to experiment with different breeds of cattle that could not live on the open range.

• There was less grass available for grazing due to the number of people settling on the Plains.

•  A drought that ruined what grass there was.?

• The demand for beef fell which meant that ranching was less profitable

• The winter of 1886/7 was very severe - cattle and cowboys died in the freezing temperatures?

• Also the wind pump and barb wire were invented.
You have the ending down pat. What about the beginning?

Oops!  When the Europeans came to settle in around 15th century  they brought with them long horns and Texas then belonged to the Mexicans but by the early 19th century cattle  ranches  were common in Mexico. At that time Mexico included what was to become Texas. The longhorn cattle were kept on an open range,  looked after by cowboys called vaqueros. In 1836 the Mexicans left and the farmers claimed the cattle. Then beef became more popular and made them very wealthy selling them to the North.  Something like that?  :-)

And the railroads made it possible.
Your turn.
I will be gone for a couple of days. I should be back on Saturday afternoon.

Enjoy your trip. I have to go out myself See you next week.

Everybody have a nice weekend...

Good Morning to all!    Here's my question:

Farmers wanted  to move into Pennsylvania in the 1680's but Wm. Penn  wrote a bill that  was called the Walking Purchase which they had to abide if they wanted to own there--- What did they have to do ?

"You Run, that's not fair, you was to Walk."

the "Walking Purchase" of 1737, probably the most widely known and perhaps the least understood of Pennsylvania's Indian purchases. William Penn, who died almost twenty years before the "Walking Purchase," is famous for his just treatment of the Indians. Though not legally required to pay the Indians for his Pennsylvania lands, he nevertheless had done so, both from a sense of justice and for the sake of peaceful relations between his settlers and the Indians; and he and his agents had made at least seventeen purchases from the Indians living near the lower Delaware River

I am not sure what your looking for Zoe...

Dennis. To purchase a piece of land in Penn. This Walking Purchase had one stipulation. What was it???

You had to Walk, not run or ride a horse...?

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service