TBD

TBD on Ning

Do you envy someone in the neighborhood's Halloween decorations, or spirit?

Views: 121

Replies to This Discussion

Halloween is for the little tykes. I'm not big on decorating for it. I do enjoy giving out the candy tho. This year might be tough as game seven of the World Series would be on that night if it goes that far. My son-in-law will have to take the candy detail.

I get around 200 kids a year. People even drive over here and drop off their kids.

I used to decorate in OH., but not a whole lot. Mostly carved jack o lanterns on the front steps. But the last three years I've gone all out. My daughter had a lot of decorations she left here when she moved, and I put them to good use. I've also added quite a few lights, a 5 ft tall skeleton that I wrap with lights, a large skull about 2 ft tall with blinking red eyes, a couple of strobe lights, and a second fog machine to go with the one my daughter left. I'm pretty much done decorating except for the strobes and the fog machines, I don't put those out until Halloween night. And I don't have quite as much this year because my daughter came over and "borrowed" some of "my" decorations. 

I've also backed way off of the Christmas lights. When we lived in OH. I had trees,shrubs, etc that were perfect for stringing lights. Back in the day, I would put out 10,000 lights, with 6,000 in one huge tree. Here in FL. it is kinda hard to string lights in cactus and palms, but I do, just not to the extent I use to. 

No envy here. I'm ready - Samhain Blessings to one and all!

Thank You.

Aww, so cute!! :)

Back n the day, we went all out for Halloween. One year we went as scarecrows. Patched jeans. plaid shirts stuffed with straw, (VERY ITCHY!!) and hollowed out pumpkins on our heads. I scraped the pumpkins down pretty thin, but they were still heavy. I used a blow dryer on the insides so they were not slimy, and we taped small flashlights to the temples of our glasses so the "heads" lit up.

p. 

This was taken later in the night, and we had ditched the straw stuffing coming out of our necks, sleeves, and pant legs. Wearing the pumpkins was a challenge, but the straw was just too itchy.

This looks like a cool idea indeed - I like the simplicity of it too!!

i'm not sure I understand

laughing.. no I am my own Witch.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service