TBD

TBD on Ning

the news reports are looking terrible for the cold and the snow..for t and callie in the mass area...and for jo.... stay warm and safe...and for jo's hubby, stay safe and be careful out there...

Views: 374

Replies to This Discussion

People traveling...yikes. I was at the Orlando airport for a while yesterday...not too many folks going anywhere soon. I have some teacher friends that are stuck in the frozen wasteland...I'm thinking there's going to be quite a few subs filling in when school starts next week.
We are our getting coolest temps. so far this year....last evening after the sun went down..and the winds were whipping around...brrrr.
Stay home if you can...be safe...stay warm!

What has me worried is the snowstorm they are forecasting for Thursday. That's the night they have to take me all the way to South Bend to catch my train. It could turn into a problem :-(

it's up to 24*,sposta be in the 50's tommorw.

It's cold, yes, but with little wind, it's not horrible.  I walked to the library today and it was OK.  Now, "they" are predicting more bitter chill with WIND.  That's the killer--the wind.

PS:/ My husband is dead today.  He just can't do all night plowing anymore.  He is not moving much.

none of us can....but we do have wishful thinking

Lol! All night plowing, lololol. If only!

i can't do all night plowin anymore either .. now it takes me all night to do what i used to do all night .. this gettin old ain't for sissies .. 

I just came home from Wal-Mart. You'd think we were preparing for the Apocalypse, for Pete's sake!! The shelves are empty! I have news for these people......IT'S JANUARY! In INDIANA!! It's always cold and snowy in January in northern Indiana! It's only going to be a few inches of snow, and the cold will only last for about 3 days; it will warm up by Wednesday. We have seen much worse, and we will again. Unreal!

but these days stores rely on 'just in time' inventory like the manufacturers and others do. just in time means there is no back stock (which explains why modern supermarkets have very little warehouse-type storage in the back like they used to have. so if the storms mess up deliveries (and they will if the trucks can't deliver the goods to the stores) then the shelves will be bare later. so better that you have your supplies now rather than staring at empty shelves and realizing the only foods left to pick from are there cause you don't like them and god gets a cosmic chuckle out of that...

Well, my sil just got back from taking my daughter to work. We are out in the boonies; she is in town....10 miles away. He says he only saw one plow on the way in, and on the way back it was as if no plow had been there. A friend who works for the township says they are pulling all the plows in at 5:00. My sil said there was a foot of snow on the road and that visibility sucked. And that's in the daylight! I need to go along, as my sil's night vision isn't what it was, and someone has to keep him on the left side of the mailboxes. We did this once before; he said he wouldn't have made it without me. So......if this is the last post you see from me.....know that I died for a good cause. :-).....getting my little girl home safely. Wish us luck. To make matters worse.....my other daughter is supposed to be flying in to O'Hare tonight!!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service