TBD

TBD on Ning

What foods do you enjoy Cooking ?

That is if you still Cook ...

When was last time you baked a pan of Biscuits ?

Anything Planed for Mother's Day ?

Views: 341

Replies to This Discussion

A few minutes ago I finished dining on some wild turkey breasts that I had roasted with some carrots and potatoes. It turned out pretty well compared to some of my experiments with wild turey breast. Each breast was a little over two pounds and the carrots are from the garden. I covered some up last fall with leaves and such and left them in the ground. Most survived winter. The potatoes I buy this time of year by the 10 lb bag.  I cook more in the winter and bake some bread and sometimes buns but never tried baking biscuits. Sometimes I get tired of cooking and partake of more boughten lasagnas, pizzas, tv dinners, or easy things like spahgetti with boughten sauce (sometimes homemade in the fall) and boughten meatballs with a little cheese sprinkled on top.

Did you chase that Turkey down , being wild breast . Never have had the pleasure of tasting wild Turkey unless it was in a bottle ...

I wish i had learned to make bread . I don't like the idea of milk in it . What i tried to bake turned out so hard to eat . Would like to fry some Ho bread like dad did . A little greasy fried in fat back grease or Lard ....

I have to be the mood to cook, but I do  enjoy it...I have some favoritess, but pretty eclectic tastes.

I do all the favorite southern style things I learned from my Grandmothers and my Mom....I like a lot of ethnic stuff...Italian, Asian, Mexican etc. and just basic American fare.

I make the best cornbread in my family... muffins, ho cake, and or hushpuppies...biscuits I make for Sunday brunch sometimes...in fact I'm making them tomorrow for Mothers Day brunch. I've never baked loaf bread from scratch...but I have made yeast rolls.

I'm doing Shrimp n' Grits and Garlic Cheese Biscuits and Cole Slaw...a big bowl of fruit, a Spinch Quiche, and Sauasge Balls. Since I am not a Mother, I try to do something special for my mom and sisters and now for my two neices who are moms. Those are some of their favorites that are hard to find in local restaurants.

Anddddd....we're having mimosa's, iced teas, and cherry lemonade.

If I feel like it, I might make some sweet shortbread to spoon the fruit over with a little whipping cream...something a little sweet...

All the Mom's in my life have just left and headed for their homes and probably naps. Brunch was a sucess...pleasant conversation fueled by a couple of mimosa's and good food. Another Mother's Day checked off.

Hope all the Moms here have been properly honored and are enjoying your special day.

What is a Mimosa ?

A mimosa is a mixture of champagne or asti and orange juice....a nice light drink for a brunch. My Mom really likes them..makes a brunch kind of festive.

Thanks

We had Mimosas at the Officers' Club Sunday.  First time I have had one.  I liked it.....but I liked the Bloody Mary after brunch better :-)

The foods I enjoy cooking the most are all in one pot like Chili or soup or stew.

Never been into baking much and would never do biscuits too much fat and carbos, I would rather have rye toast.

We will probably go out for Mother's day although I hate the crowded restaurants and minimal menu's (special for mothers) Ha, more like easy for the restaurant. I might do something on the Grill and go out on Monday instead. It will depend on my mood tomorrow.

i used to bake my own bread but haven't in quite awhile .. tryin to keep the carbs to a minimum .. i don't have diabeetes but it seems to be goin around .. about 4 of my friends have it and its startin to look like a hazard of livin past 60 in the usa .. i think most of it is diet . i used to think it was simply bein overweight but thats not always the case ..so i've been tryin to change my diet around little by little .. more veggies and less meat and less carbs .. you can't cut all the carbs out completely .. or the fat either .. in fact if you cut all the fat from your diet you'd die.. same with salt .. of course too much is no good either .. just my opinion but i think a lot of it is prepared or processed foods .. they do make our lives easier but at what cost?? i make everything from scratch nowadays .. in the end its better for you and costs less to boot and if you know how to prepare it then it tastes better too .. usually when i cook i'll cook up a batch of somethin and either freeze some for later or just have leftovers for a couple of nights .. i'm not sure if that will ward off diabeetes for me or not tho .. if you're predestined then you're predestined and theres not much you can do .. but you can try to eat healthy as much as you can .. i still have a bowl of ice cream from time to time so i'm not a monk or anything .. i just don't go crazy anymore ..      

Sounds like you're doing good frenchy, one thing I've found out recently is that taking cholesterol medicine makes you more apt to get type 2 diabetes. I asked my doctor if that was the case and he admitted it, said you have to choose what you want to die from.

My cholesterol was pretty good, under 200 but my freaky dr. said he wanted it to be lower for me so now it's under 150 by taking medicine. Then he said I was getting close to being pre-diabetic. I asked if that was caused by the cholesterol meds. I think the doctors try to create some of these problems.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service