TBD

TBD on Ning

We refugees are still holding on here.  Stop by the Lodge, come inside and warm up! Have a wassail cup or some eggnog with us, visit a while!

Tags: crossing, friends, gathering, holiday, lodge, moose, spirits

Views: 440

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Good afternoon, Lynn... I haven't been here for a while... Hope to correct that... I sure hope Richard's wife behaves herself so her foot will heal right... (((HUGS))) to her...  

Crystal, I hope you get all things Christmasy done... I haven't even thought about putting any decorations up yet... Oh well, there's always tomorrow... :)

Robbie, I hope you're enjoying Texas again!!! Keep warm down there... It's in the 30's here right now... We're having a heat wave!!! :)

Lynn, good to see you, lady!!!  Are you going to be heading our way any time soon??? Hope you're day's a great one!!!

hey, Kittycat!  just as i begin to think it's time to give up on this thread, somebody unexpected shows up!  i miss you, but no, no plans to head that way 'til July now.   but while i'm in the area, then, i'll be sure and catch up with you and Larry!!

Hi, Kittycat and Lynn!

Hi guys!  Well a much calmer day today.  Sharon's foot is quite swollen so we are continuing with the ice therapy.  She found a bruise on the bottom of her foot.  This is her first broken bone incident ever.  Sadly, I had to tell her it won't be good in a couple days.  She has an appointment with a podiatrist who hopefully will validate my estimate of 6 weeks wearing the boot.  LOL  Kittycat, nice you stopped by.  Sorry no one has been here to greet you.

Hope you all made it through Monday and will have a great Tuesday!

Morning all....I missed Kitty and Goldi yesterday!?!? Dang. Happy you stopped by, we love seeing you!

Busy day yesterday, did some shopping now I have to crotchet several hats now that I have the yarn so my fingers will be busy. Nothing like your kid putting his list in and wanting hand made items.

Still don't have all my decorations up, it will just have to do the way it is. Kiefer's kitten keeps knocking everything off the tree anyway.

Basketball season is under way...I will miss today's game but I am keeping me fingers crossed.

wow, we've had a (relatively) busy 24 hours!  sooo good to see folks stopping in here!

Richard, it's too bad that you're the one who first got to deliver the news of how long broken bones take, to heal.  sigh.  i know Sharon's miserable, i just hope she realizes how blessed she is, to have you to care for her!

Crystal, that's a lot of crochet for someone like you who has very little time!  i've been working on a hooded sweater for 2 months now, and i guess i'm gonna' have to take a day and do nothing else 'til i finish it, since it simply refuses to knit itself!

Goldilocks, thanks for stopping by, and again, thanks to Kittycat as well.  now, where's our Robbie?

I'll say it's good to see more people stopping in more often.  :)  Sharon is being good natured and taking this "normal life" interruption in stride.  I am happy to pay back and pay forward for the care she has given me.

Hi to Kittycat and Goldilocks.  Maybe some day we all will be here at the same time.  I don't know why Robbie hasn't been here lately.  But since it is the holiday season people are busier than usual.

I can't believe almost half of December is gone already.  That's fine with me to get winter over ASAP.  It was a bright sunny day again today one for the record book.  Clear skies and lots of star stuff twinkling brightly.  Cat ought to know it isn't always sunny in Portland.  But when it is it is so very welcome and appreciated.

You all have a happy hump day ya hear!

Hi folks, I have been up and moving about for a while now.  Been cleaning up my construction dusty mess.  I get a call from the senior plans examiner asking me to come in tomorrow and Friday to review some residential permit applications.  I hope they realize I have been away from this type work for 3 years and I am not going to be very efficient.  The residential building code (my work bible) has changed in the last year too.  Oh boy!!!

ah, Richard, you'll get back up to speed rapidly, give yourself credit!  this IS your profession, after all, and you are NOT as rusty as you believe!

as for returning caregiving, yes, caring has so many forms of expression.  and in reality, we can neither re-pay nor deserve what we receive from those who love us; in the same tone, what we give to those we love is given freely with no thought of return.  i've seen you and Sharon in action, i can only be envious of what you two have1

and yes, it was delightful to have two more lodgies stop by!  i just leave this site as a tab on my browser, it reminds me to stop by every day....

I have this site as a tab also.  Trouble is I forget to look at them.

After giving the work offer a lot of thought I declined.  I didn't want to go through the tedious paperwork to sign up with a staffing agency for 2 days of work and possibly a replacement for vacations but no promises.  With low pay after the agency and the government take their cuts.  It would not result in a full time job for a long long time.

Morning all....Thursday already...I can already tell Christmas will be here and gone before I get into the spirit of things. I am proud of the fact my youth kids have written lots of cards. We wrote one batch to shut in's and 2 batches that will go to the 2 different VA hospitals here in Kansas. I know it will make Christmas a little brighter for those folks. 

I sure hope Sharon heals quickly, it is miserable being laid up. 

Lynn, you are right about my fingers flying, I carry one with me and whenever I get a chance I crochet away. I am on hat number 2 already...I think I will get them finished in time. 

Now if I can just find the notebook lost in my house with the RCT minutes written in them and I would stress a bit less. 

Have a happy Thursday all. Off to get ready to run my feet off at work.

so good to "see" you, Crystal, thanks for making time to stop in!  

glad you're making progress on the hats!  i managed to finish the sweater that my daughter's roommate/girlfriend asked for, yesterday evening, and got it wrapped, too!  'tis a good feeling.

cards to shut ins and the VA hospitals, such a great thing to do!

the spirit of christmas isn't very much here with me, either.  one of the local high schools is hosting a performance of Messiah this weekend, so i'll go see that; it might be the highlight of my holiday season!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service