TBD

TBD on Ning

We refugees are still holding on here.  Stop by the Lodge, come inside and warm up! Have a wassail cup or some eggnog with us, visit a while!

Tags: crossing, friends, gathering, holiday, lodge, moose, spirits

Views: 440

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

No Snow here in Kemah. But the furnace just kicked on. Guess I better make sure all the vents to outside are closed.

yeah, it's unusually cold almost everywhere!

Good morning my friends

I am the first one here today, imagine that.  I am now officially old...got my SS money in the bank...payed off my car and my credit card last night and should be excited...yet feel numb...what in the hell is that all about...

have to go in to a meeting at work today for hour and a half...committed to doing that every other week...so left work early...

this weekend sees me unpacking more boxes...getting the rest of my xmas decorations up and hopefully having some fun somewhere out there...

guess it will take me some time to get used to this new schedule...hopefully soon

have a blessed day filled with love and laughter

Good day Thally, Lynn, Crystal, Robbie and anyone passing by.  I hope your day (and weekend) contains an ample amount of fun and happiness.

Congratulations Thally on becoming 'old'.  LOL  You made it and now, like me, you can say you won't be dying young.  ;-)

We need to work on Crystal's retirement.  Then we can change the group name to Moosie's Refugee Retirees.  Or should it be Moosie's Retirees Refuge?

I am off to see how big a mess I can make today.

numb sounds about right, Thalia!  you've made a LOT of changes in the past couple months, give yourself time for your mind to catch up with reality, it'll be ok!  that SS check comes in handy, doesn't it?

Richard, hope you don't find too much trouble or mess.

not sure i'm in favor of this "officially old" thing.  my mind doesn't feel old, but my body disagrees, and some days i DO feel out-dated, for sure!  still, it's nice to have the company of other young retirees who do more than watch television and play cards in the sunroom of the senior center, for sure!  thanks, my friends!

and yes, it's nice to have energetic Crystal bouncing in here with no thought to retirement -- i suspect she really enjoys what she's doing!

Oh yes I do enjoy what I am doing but look forward to the days when I am not tied to the clock and a work schedule. I spent several years not working and that is what inspired this place...just wasn't planning a 6 day work week in the planning...it was supposed to be 4. Days like today make me yearn to get away from it all. 

I am blessed, I don't "have' to work, the other businesses and a workaholic husband have seen to that.

It has been a nice reprieve for a moment but back to the salt mines. 

I sure love stopping in here and seeing you guys. Hugs to each of you!

hugs back to you, Crystal! 

running your own business is probably the hardest work of all -- you're invested in it, and you really can't just turn it over to someone else and have it come out the way you'd want it!

glad you stopped by!

A late Sunday morning Hello to you all.  Off to a slow start here.  I feel like my main spring has wound down and I misplaced the key.  I hope everyone is warm and cozy.  It's hovering between 28 and 31 outside.  Brrrrrrrrrr

oooh, $ichard, somewhere, you skipped a day -- today is Saturday, tomorrow is sunday, but i hope you get a slow and restful weekend, all BOTH days of it.  also hope you have a good furnace!  temps here are only a few degrees warmer than yours, but not nearly so humid....

and the rest of you, enjoy the remainder of your weekend!

yes, i see my typo, but it's too late to fix it now....  let's just take that as a good omen!

good Sunday to you all!  it's brilliantly sunny here in the Valley, but probably about as warm as it's gonna' get -- 40º.  sigh.  in TEN MORE DAYS, they'll begin to get longer and yeah, it'll take 6-8 weeks for that process to warm up the northern hemisphere, i'm looking forward to it already!  i frickin' HATE winter!

it's the start of another week.  i hope your Monday sets a good tone for it!

let's see -- Richard is busy trying to keep his lady from getting up and walking around on her broken foot; Crystal is not in the store so she's frantically trying to get everything "Christmas" done today; and Robbie is somewhere south and warm.  i have one set of minutes that i've needed to write for a week, now, but i really must not want to do this, since i continue finding ways to put it off....

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service