TBD

TBD on Ning

Guess the movie,book or song using the hints given in the preceding post.

Then put up hints about a book, movie or song.

Make them as explicit or obscure as you want.

This can be pictures, quotes, discriptions, or video clips.

The name or title of the subject you provide hints about must start with the letter of the alphabet which follows the first letter of the subject that you have identified. When we reach the end of the alphabet we start over with "A"

EXAMPLE: HINT: "Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn". 

ANSWER:

Movie; "Gone with the Wind" (starts with a G)

NEXT HINT: The bellhop's dressed in black.

ANSWER: SONG; "Heartbreak Hotel" (starts with a H)

I'll start it off. The answer to this one has to start with an "A". 

Hint: Down the Rabbit Hole" 

Tags: Alphabet, books, movies, songs

Views: 1264

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As there is a huge gaping hole in my "New Romantic" expertise (A hole of which I'm rather proud, actually), I'll take a pass on this one.

And here I am thinking you were a Miss Manners Charm School graduate.

Answer is XTC Versus Adam Ant by They Might Be Giants.

Oh, THAT "X" song.

I misunderstood your clues. I thought you were referring to a "song" that somehow manages to be both pompous AND dreary, spewed out by a gaggle of preening, over-mascara'd, Oscar Wilde-envying dolts, attempting their lame idea of what it would have sounded like if the Fab Four had come from Birmingham instead of Liverpool - And had absolutely no talent, either. My mistake.

"Y"

A blues-based band that broadened its range into pop and rock, They were pioneers in guitar innovations of the '60s: fuzz tone, feedback, distortion, backwards echo, improved amplification. Out of this band came 3 guitar legends.

YardBirds!

The Yardbirds.

"Z"

Three guitar legends may have come out of the Yardbirds, but this guy's guitar wants to kill yer Mama.

Frank Zappa!

"A"

A pair of husband and wife that dominated the disco scene in the 70's and maybe 80's.

Are we talkin' Abba ?

Abba it is.

"B"

The star of a (possibly true, but suppressed) biographical movie, detailing his life as a particle physicist, neurosurgeon, martial artist, world-saver and leader of a ragtag rock-n'roll band.

Buckaroo Bonzai?

Yep.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service