TBD

TBD on Ning

Guess the movie,book or song using the hints given in the preceding post.

Then put up hints about a book, movie or song.

Make them as explicit or obscure as you want.

This can be pictures, quotes, discriptions, or video clips.

The name or title of the subject you provide hints about must start with the letter of the alphabet which follows the first letter of the subject that you have identified. When we reach the end of the alphabet we start over with "A"

EXAMPLE: HINT: "Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn". 

ANSWER:

Movie; "Gone with the Wind" (starts with a G)

NEXT HINT: The bellhop's dressed in black.

ANSWER: SONG; "Heartbreak Hotel" (starts with a H)

I'll start it off. The answer to this one has to start with an "A". 

Hint: Down the Rabbit Hole" 

Tags: Alphabet, books, movies, songs

Views: 1265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Happy Feet

"I"

Straddling the top of the world, one foot in Tibet and the other in Nepal, I cleared the ice from my oxygen mask, hunched a shoulder against the wind, ...
Into Thin Air [great book!]

"J"

...I was raised by a toothless, bearded hag
I was schooled with a strap right across my back
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!
But it's all right now
JUMPING JACK FLASH.

"K"

A wordless, plotless, intensely visual rumination on the human race's place in the natural world, and it's technologies' unintended effects and consequences on that world. And how those consequences sometimes bounce back on us. With an evocative musical score by Philip Glass.
Koyaanisqatsi
[I cheated]

"L"

The precocious son of a zookeeper, a 16-year-old boy is raised in Pondicherry, India, where he tries on various faiths for size, attracting "religions the way a dog attracts fleas." Planning a move to Canada, his father packs up the family and their menagerie and they hitch a ride on an enormous freighter. After a harrowing shipwreck, the boy finds himself adrift in the Pacific Ocean, trapped on a 26-foot lifeboat with a wounded zebra, a spotted hyena, a seasick orangutan, and a 450-pound Bengal tiger named Richard Parker.
Oh, my gosh, I have no idea what this is, but I really want to read the book or see the movie!
The Life of Pi

"M"

About young women and fast food in a small town on the Northeast Coast of the US.
Mystic Pizza

"N"

A third generation treasure hunter has been searching for a treasure no one believed existed: amassed through the ages, moved across continents, to become the greatest treasure the world has ever known. Hidden by our Founding Fathers, they left clues to the Treasure's location right before our eyes … from our nation's birthplace, to the nation's capitol, to clues buried within the symbols on the dollar bill.
....I'm ashamed to admit I know the answer to this one, 'cause it's such a crappy "Indiana Jones"-style Nicholas cage trash-a-thon.

"National Treasure"

"O"

Speaking of trash-a-thons....Chuck Heston stars in this second of three versions of Richard Matheson's post-apocalyptic "I Am Legend".
Omega Man

"P"

The lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.
"Pulp Fiction"

"Q"

An American Western set in Australia
Quigley Down Under
[I am so bothered that I knew that]

"R"

If I have weaknesses
Don't let them blind me
Or camouflage all I am wary of
I could be sailing in seizures of laughter
Or crawling out from under the heel of love
Do my prayers remain unanswered
Like a beggar at your sleeve
Olodumare is smiling in heaven
Smiling in heaven I do believe
I have no Idea. But your comment about Quigley gave me my first good laugh of the day.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service