TBD

TBD on Ning

Like it or not here's Bill O'Reilly take on Racism .....

Open For Discussion .....

http://www.billoreilly.com/video?chartID=556&vid=88031002096952...

Views: 485

Replies to This Discussion

What part of The Affordable Care Act do you feel would diminish whatever care you get now?

I understand that but if you can't afford it then don't do it. It's not fair to the kids they bring in to the world. By the way I get paid wayyy better than shit...

Just don't forget that institutionalized racism and ruthless capitalistic business tactics see to it that "those people" can't get the kind of jobs that could lift them out of the situations they're in. It has always suited oppressors to keep the status quo in place - That kind of environment is just one more resource to be exploited, as far as they're concerned.

Snagg I don't care what color you are, you can still go to school and get out of it.  The people I see doing it don't want out.

A lot of those people have spent their lives being beaten down by their environment; They've given up, some before they ever got to really try.

Funny, isn't it, how people who are written off as "trash", as sub-humans born to their own inferiority, are suddenly "clean" and admirable examples of human perseverance and welcomed into the classes of folks who would have spit on them while they were still downtrodden ? It's a much a completely false set of values as it is an idea of "success".

I may be wrong but in today's society "Racism" starts in the City's . You don't really see it much in rural areas .

You ARE wrong. I've lived in the city, with the exception of a total of two years in two different "villages", for my entire life - And, far and away, the highest percentile of the most casual, "This-is-normal-behavior" racists I know are rural folks. Those two years spent in two different towns with populations of barely 7,000 each only underscored that conclusion.

Relative isolation and insular cultures BREED suspicion and mistrust of "the other" - This is as true with exclusionary gated communities as it is with ghettos.

I have to agree with Snagg here.  Walk around in rural WV or Ark where people are making Chrystal Meth.  Be a stranger in these areas.  People are prejudiced about what they don't know.

Anybody see the movie Winter's Bone?  I recommend it highly.  It's about people in the Ozark mountains.

Urban blacks and the white people of the Ozarks have way more in common with each other than they have in common with middle class people of any race. It's the socio-economic barriers that are the hardest to cross--way more than any color or ethnic barrier IMHO.

Except for women.  No matter what class or color, the prejudice against us is strong all over the place.

I watched Winter Bone a couple weeks ago and it does happen , good movie i thought ...

Snagg i won't dispute what you are saying . I just don't see it here . Since i live in a rural area . Black are spread out in the area around me . In the closest town i live near has a black population on one side of town and always had . It started back when blacks and whites went to their own schools . I wish things were different . Seems i here in our local news about black killing blacks and drug crack down every where these days . There may be racism there but i have heard of any at least near me . 40 miles from me is Charlotte NC and it is something going on there all the time . I would call where black live in quantity around here a Ghetto . It's just a place where black just want to live a productive life like every one else . Drug and alcohol doesn't help whether you are black or white ....

Well sorry, guess I never gave up.

It's a favorite fantasy of the born-privileged that the American Dream guarantees success and happiness, if only you "apply yourself", that you work hard enough and play by the rules. The last ten years have put the final-as-a-tombstone lie to that belief.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service