TBD

TBD on Ning

Like it or not here's Bill O'Reilly take on Racism .....

Open For Discussion .....

http://www.billoreilly.com/video?chartID=556&vid=88031002096952...

Views: 485

Replies to This Discussion

hmmmm.... bloviating...I think I might steal that word from him.

Thinking maybe it takes one to know one. He has zero credibility...The man is a talking head...his job is to be a shit stirer. Feelings...nothing more than feelings...designed to appeal to his viewers and garner rating...nothing there to discuss as far as I can see.

well , i think he made some points .. is he 100% right ?? maybe not . but he is on the right track .. i made a mention of the sherrif here in lee county who said the treyvon martin case was over lets try to work on the crimes we have goin on now .. the black on black crimes where nobody wants to say a word so it continues on and on .. nowhere near the rate it is in chicago but then we're nowhere near as big as chicago .. and the naacp called for his resignation .. and the next day a young woman who i'd guess was not yet 30 .. maybe even less than 25 was shot at about 3am . an unwed mother of 4 kids .. now i don't know all the particulars yet but i'll try to post them here when i find out what they are .. but so far nobody has come forward that i know of to say anything .. and the sad thing is maybe nobody ever will .. and why ?? because she probably wasn't shot by a white guy ?? ehh maybe thats a cheap shot and i don't want it to sound that way .. but its probably true .. this may just be one more in a long line of young black people who are murdered every day in this country .. and why ?? who knows ?/ and who cares ?? do you think al  sharpton will showup here and demand answers to what happened ?? you wanna talk about a shit stirrer ?? he's the king of the shit stirrers .. but lets get back to the issue . do you not think that a good family makes a difference in how a child is raised ?? or if a young girl with absolutely no education , not even 10th grade has 4 kids before she's 25 with no visible means to support them is a recipe for more poverty and more failure ?? 30 years ago in this country you could still find a job workin in a factory with no real skills or education and get by ok if you stayed with the same company long enough .. but in the last 20 years little by little we've pretty much dismantled our whole manufacturin base and shipped it to mexico and china and korea and indoneshia .. and anyplace else that will do it cheaper than here .. now some jobs might come back but some never will . and as long as you've got a counter culture in the depressed area's that mocks education and glorifies the gangsta way of life where do these kids go when they grow up ?? i mean really ?/ where do they go for a job ?? ya think they're gonna get a job as a bank president ?? or even a bank teller if you can't understand them when they speak english ?? or if they have a shitload of attitude ?? the world is changin and changin fast .. half the new jobs that are commin haven't even been defined yet .. who's gonna fill them ?? so i'd have to say that education is gonna be way more important than it ever was before .. and the boys in the hood shun education like the plague .. and its their one salvation .. most of em are not gonna be rap stars or basketball players or football players .. or hockey players .. they're gonna be 23 year old guys with nothin to do because they're qualified for absolutely nothin .. so what will they do ? hang out with their baby momma's and make more babies ?? is that an occupation ? so what is the solution here ?? some seem to think its sellin drugs .. you can make some quick money that way . but its not a job that has job security .. if you don't get arrested and thrown in jail ( which only makes you even more of a hardcore unemployable because now you have a criminal record ) you get shot for your money or your drugs .. or for that little piece of land you call your turf.. its a never endin cycle that just repeats itself , unless of course a good teacher somewhere along the line can come along when it matters most and make an influence that will make a child understand .. understand that there is a way out .. education .. or a good parent . if you think there's another way , and there might be ? please share it .. or we can go on like always and just continue to say nothin cause we don't wanna be thought of as racists ..  

He's one of the last people I would listen to, no credibility and a proven ass to boot.

I guess thats because he on Fox ....

something else to read and discuss, if you are interested...

http://billmoyers.com/spotlight/talking-about-race/

I like Bill Moyers ....

BUCHANAN TO OBAMA
By Patrick J. Buchanan

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America .. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation.. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.... This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.. Jeremiah Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.
We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude??

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona ? And Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids...? Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America ? Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena . And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago. This needs to be passed around because, this is a message everyone needs to hear!!!

I'm for a better America…
I am
Not racist,
Not violent,
Just not silent anymore.

What a jerk, his whole diatribe is racist, he doesn't even get it.

something else if you're interested...

http://www.helium.com/items/265124-how-are-ethnic-minorities-portra...

something to consider when you are deciding what your feelings are about minorities...especially if you rely on the media to decide how to feel about race.

Wayne this is great, thanks!

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service