TBD

TBD on Ning

Here we are, can you believe it's April already?  serious signs of spring are plentiful, even tho' the weather goddess can't seem to make up her mind.

Stop in and visit for a bit, tell us how your day's going.  share a bit of your dream with us!

if you're not a regular here, maybe you could click the "follow" button down at the bottom, so you'll get an email when somebody posts here....

Tags: chatting, friends, spring

Views: 430

Replies to This Discussion

40 lashes to you, Richard, for missing us yesterday.  but you get the man-of-the-week award for handling household chores, so it balances out, i suppose....

I've felt bad about missing yesterday all day ;)  So here I am twice today.  Does that count?  LOL

you're forgiven, Richard.  i missed you too....

Thursday.  more gray, more wet but at least not steady rain, just occasional.  life does go on!

got my shingles vaccine yesterday.  BC/BS insurance paid for it, thankfully.  Too many friends have had to deal with this already, and i really am not into pain and suffering, so after carrying the scrip in my wallet for nearly 4 months, i finally got it done!  so far, no adverse effects but, in case you're thinking to do likewise, you should know that, for a few weeks after vaccination, i could transmit chickenpox to either babies or adults with compromised immune systems.  it's a "live virus" vaccine -- hopefully weakened somehow during the process!

Same here Lynn, rain and cloudy.  I had to turn on the furnace this morning.  65 is just too cool for this old man.  I'll make it a point to keep my immune system in tip top shape.  I had chicken pox as a kid.  I don't know if I could get it again at this late age don't want to take a chance.  I hope the sun pays a visit on Friday and the weekend.

if you had chicken pox, you're vulnerable to shingles -- it's the same virus, just that it's been lurking in your central nervous system all these years, and sometimes decides to attack again. 

hope friday is good for everyone who stops in!

Lynn, I'm glad you got your shingles shot!  I got one a few months ago.  I had shingles already, and my doctor wanted me to get the shot to avoid getting shingles again.

Afternoon all...

Rainy morning that has now moved away and the sun is shining. We could use a little more rain...but isn't that always the case. When you need it there is none to be found. 

Good thing you got that shot Lynn, everyone I know who had the shingles said it was the most miserable thing to endure. 

New pup still has no name...he doesn't seem to mind as long as we pet and feed him. He and my young dog Binti are already fast friends and are running around the yard...and the house, chasing and playing.

yes, RRC, shingles is horrible, but the vaccination is only ~50% effective.  still, better than nothing.

glad your doggies are getting along!  that'll keep them from torturing your cat, too!

we've had rain, off'n'on, and still 50s for temps.  at least it did NOT frost last nite -- i'd moved the ficus into the most sheltered corner of the apt's balcony, but temps never approached freezing, despite the frost warning.  hey, works for me!

Good Sunday, my friends!  i guess Thalia will be dragging back home soon, and sorry to have to leave San Fran, don't ya' think?

seems like i spent all day yesterday fussing w/ my desktop computer.  finally figured out that my aol macafee antivirus was scanning incredibly slowly because of the multiple open tabs in Firefox, so i shut that down for 'way too long, but finally got a complete scan. nuttin' wrong, just an old (7yrs) PC running XP with too much going on inside its "brain." then i got motivated to delete some of the saved pics from bartending in obsolete social networks and a lot of files from former "work" that i haven't used since i retired. still slow but i got the scan done, at least. i do have a windows 7 laptop, but change is difficult.... at least, i'm back to 42% free disk space, that part was getting up into the "iffy" range. and yes, i have cleaned up the hard drive and defragged too! running much more smoothly now!

Good morning. Cannot believe how beautiful it is here ..the weather fabulous. The sights magnificent. And the company...well need I say more. Twoanda half more days. Want time to stop. Have a marvelous Sunday. Fill it with love and laughter.

aha, you knew i was writing about you!  i'm happy for you that you're having such a delightful time!  you're long overdue for some fun and games, dear friend! 

RSS

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Aggie.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service